Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Katray)
    Oh no I wanted to apply to Birmingham but don't have an A in GCSE English. Its hard to believe a qualification I got when I was 16 is restricting me now as a graduate from applying. Just great.
    If English and Maths have only been studied as far as GCSE they have to be at least A grade. Sorry to hear that you are unable to apply to Birmingham.
    Good luck with your application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    OK so am going for:

Cambridge
    Birmingham
    Imperial
    Leeds or BSMS

I need to set BMAT, but I have no idea about it am going to obviously study for it, but can someone give a rough overview of it? compared to UKCAT/GAMSAT...what is it testing? and how long roughly do you need to study for it if you have been away from uni for 4 years (working)

Also should i go for leeds or BSMS, my PS is quiet strong so I want to play it to my advantage...

*Thanks *
    I think Cambridge may be a problem, as, irrespective of one's degree, they require A level Chemistry at grade A 'normally within 7 years of entry'. I presume that if you did an MPharm and have worked for the last 4 years, it is 8 years since you did A levels (or equivalent)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    I think Cambridge may be a problem, as, irrespective of one's degree, they require A level Chemistry at grade A 'normally within 7 years of entry'. I presume that if you did an MPharm and have worked for the last 4 years, it is 8 years since you did A levels (or equivalent)?
    The pharmacy degree has enough chemistry to make up for it (as i was told when i applied last year) also I did scottish higher chemistry and have an A. So chem is not a problem for me tbh...unless they changed requirements?*

ReputationRep:
    The pharmacy degree has enough chemistry to make up for it (as i was told when i applied last year) also I did scottish higher chemistry and have an A. So chem is not a problem for me tbh...unless they changed requirements?*

OK, fair enough, if you have previously checked. I thought that your previous application was for 2015 entry though (?), so your Scottish Higher in Chemistry would have been within the 7 year time frame requirement. It may be worth checking again for this application cycle. (I'm not a stalker.....I just have a good memory!)

ReputationRep:
    How many places does newcastle usually have?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    25 for grad entry, unsure for 2017.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    25 for grad entry, unsure for 2017.
    25 places!? How many applicants?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1026 for 2016, which is terrifying.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    1026 for 2016, which is terrifying.
    How many got invited to interview?

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't find that from their website I'm afraid, but let me know if anyone does. 😀

ReputationRep:
    But I thought they only shortlist from UKCAT, do so many people fall short???

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yh. They shortlist people from ukcat and then they cut more students after interviews. So only 25 actually get a place

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peace4life)
    Yh. They shortlist people from ukcat and then they cut more students after interviews. So only 25 actually get a place
    cite sources

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NHSFan)
    If English and Maths have only been studied as far as GCSE they have to be at least A grade. Sorry to hear that you are unable to apply to Birmingham.
    Good luck with your application.
    Thanks for posting that at least now I won't completely waste an application. Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone direct me to the Lucy cavendish thread about grads Medicine, i couldn't find it?

Thanks in advance *

ReputationRep:
    can anyone direct me to the Lucy cavendish thread about grads Medicine, i couldn't find it?

Thanks in advance *
    Here you go:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=2878031

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasillon)
    cite sources
    http://www.ncl.ac.uk/mbbs/admissions...licy2017v2.pdf

ReputationRep:
    Guys can I ask on the ucas page where it has 'Degree', I haven't received a degree yet so would I put pending. And additionally for the module section, should I only list modules which actually count towards the degree, correct?

ReputationRep:
    I must be missing something because I'm my education tab on UCAS, no universities are showing up in the search box for college/centres. I tried obvious ones like University of Manchester but got nothing.

Do universities have to be entered manually, and without centre numbers? Centre numbers are college things and aren't used at uni. UCAS is ****.

Edit: I've now just entered it manually as a degree but it just doesn't seem correct that UCAS wouldn't have any universities saved on their system in the drop down list. It's also asking for the 'awarding organisation' of the degree, but who is that for bachelors? I did biomedical science, so the IBMS? It only provides space for 5-6 characters so it's clearly looking for something like AQA or Edexcel like in college.... Annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    Edit: I've now just entered it manually as a degree but it just doesn't seem correct that UCAS wouldn't have any universities saved on their system in the drop down list. It's also asking for the 'awarding organisation' of the degree, but who is that for bachelors? I did biomedical science, so the IBMS? It only provides space for 5-6 characters so it's clearly looking for something like AQA or Edexcel like in college.... Annoying.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I searched for this too because the awarding organisation is your university, but ofc this isn't going to fit in that space. Other people have said they just put an abbreviation, and UCAS has said this is fine apparently. So like for me I have University of Glasgow as GLA. Looks daft but I'm sure it'll be fine.

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.