Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Do you happen to have the link? I'm away with no computer and struggling to find it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ukcat.ac.uk/App_Media/upl...s%20071016.pdf

Deciles

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    Hi guys,

It was asked earlier but i don't think anyone offered any suggestions. I'm applying for both graduate entry and standard entry medicine (3:1 or 2:2 ratio). Is there any standard entry universities which only take into account a candidates degree classification (1st) and UKCAT (750), ignoring GCSE and A Level when applying as a graduate?

I'm doing so hoping it may increase my chances of getting a place seeing as GEM is so competitive!

Thanks, Gavin
    you have a sure shot at BARTS for standard entry.
    people with 670 UKCAT and a 1st got in..

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Guys is 717 average score worth it to apply for GEM at Newcastle...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    Hi guys,

It was asked earlier but i don't think anyone offered any suggestions. I'm applying for both graduate entry and standard entry medicine (3:1 or 2:2 ratio). Is there any standard entry universities which only take into account a candidates degree classification (1st) and UKCAT (750), ignoring GCSE and A Level when applying as a graduate?

I'm doing so hoping it may increase my chances of getting a place seeing as GEM is so competitive!

Thanks, Gavin
    Newcastle may not be closed to you

ReputationRep:
    I know this is probably a really stupid question (especially on a medical application forum) but how do I work out what decile I'm in?

(Original post by Rasillon)
    Anyone applying to Oxford?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4340256

ReputationRep:
    Just sent off my ucas ahhhh!!!

It finally feels real now! Thanks for this thread and good luck every one !!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    So I'm debating between Newcastle and Kings. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michrab123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What r ur stats

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just sent mine off as well. £24 lighter (nothing compared to the £240 the GAMSAT cost me though). Now I wait to see how I did in November!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by michrab123)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by Themightylaa)
    Just sent mine off as well. £24 lighter (nothing compared to the £240 the GAMSAT cost me though). Now I wait to see how I did in November!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where have you guys applied?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just seen the UKCAT final scores and was wondering if people think an average of 723.3 and Band 2 SJT in UKCAT and predicted a 1st would be worth applying with and what decile this UKCAT score would place me in? :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminbennett96)
    Hey guys, just seen the UKCAT final scores and was wondering if people think an average of 723.3 and Band 2 SJT in UKCAT and predicted a 1st would be worth applying with and what decile this UKCAT score would place me in? :/
    Worth applying where? And you'd be in the 9th decile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    Worth applying where? And you'd be in the 9th decile
    Newcastle, Southampton and Kings For GEM and if I'm in the 9th decile what does that mean percentage wise I can never fathom it out?

ReputationRep:
    Newcastle, Southampton and Kings For GEM and if I'm in the 9th decile what does that mean percentage wise I can never fathom it out?
    It means you did better than 90% of people taking the test.

I'm in a similar quandary. I'm definitely applying for Barts, Warwick and Southampton but I'm not sure about Newcastle or Kings. I'm guessing that the cut off for Newcastle will be lower this year given the drop in average so you may be ok there. As for Kings, they say they don't have a UKCAT cut off and yet they have a reputation as being UKCAT heavy. The ambiguity puts me off a little. Southampton has a similar cut off to Newcastle IIRC so you may be ok there too.

ReputationRep:
    Ah thank you! And how'd you do on UKCAT? I was shocked at the mean averages when I saw them today I thought they'd be a lot higher. And yeah I had the same problem with Kings but they do say normally those interviewed are those within the top 25%
    I got 730 avg. Maybe I should choose Kings over Newcastle then. I just don't know what to do!

ReputationRep:
    Well done! And I know it's so hard to try and make the best decision that gives you the best chance and yeah with your UKCAT score I think you'll be good for Kings fingers crossed we get interviews

ReputationRep:
    Well done! And I know it's so hard to try and make the best decision that gives you the best chance and yeah with your UKCAT score I think you'll be good for Kings fingers crossed we get interviews
    What's your degree in?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.