Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminbennett96)
    Well done! And I know it's so hard to try and make the best decision that gives you the best chance and yeah with your UKCAT score I think you'll be good for Kings fingers crossed we get interviews
    Do you know if kings invite to interview just based on UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medici103)
    What's your degree in?
    Medical engineering you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    Do you know if kings invite to interview just based on UKCAT?
    I believe they consider all aspects of application including GCSE and a levels to an extent but focus on UKCAT and personal statement as well as degree so really they look at everything

ReputationRep:
    Medical engineering you?
    Undergrad was physiology and masters was biomedicine.

ReputationRep:
    Any suggestions on where to apply with 633 Average, Band 1 in SJ and 1st class degree and MSc pending? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I believe they consider all aspects of application including GCSE and a levels to an extent but focus on UKCAT and personal statement as well as degree so really they look at everything
    They do state that exam performance and UKCAT are the most important aspects they consider

ReputationRep:
    Undergrad was physiology and masters was biomedicine.
    Very good! Where you applying?

ReputationRep:
    Very good! Where you applying?
    Warwick, Barts, Southampton, and either Newcastle or Kings, if I can ever make up my mind!

ReputationRep:
    Warwick, Barts, Southampton, and either Newcastle or Kings, if I can ever make up my mind!
    I know the feeling there was torn between Warwick and Kings! What's your UKCAT score?

ReputationRep:
    I know the feeling there was torn between Warwick and Kings! What's your UKCAT score?
    730, you asked me that earlier!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akz18)
    Any suggestions on where to apply with 633 Average, Band 1 in SJ and 1st class degree and MSc pending? Thanks
    Maybe Newcastle as they don't state a specific threshold and possibly Southampton if you have the Chemistry A Level at grade C. Also depends on your A Level results for universities such as Birmingham who don't require an entry exam. I'd google "graduate entry medicine" and look at the medical school entry requirements for graduates for each one

ReputationRep:
    730, you asked me that earlier!
    oh yeah sorry been a long day haha good luck with your application with wherever you decide

ReputationRep:
    oh yeah sorry been a long day haha good luck with your application with wherever you decide
    Thank you! You too!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! I didn't do well in my A levels so Southampton and Birmingham are a no :/ so far only KCL and QM are the only Universities who look only at degree classifications and not A levels
    Maybe Newcastle as they don't state a specific threshold and possibly Southampton if you have the Chemistry A Level at grade C. Also depends on your A Level results for universities such as Birmingham who don't require an entry exam. I'd google "graduate entry medicine" and look at the medical school entry requirements for graduates for each one

ReputationRep:
    No problem and you might have a chance with Newcastle they don't specify any a levels either and I know I didn't do too great in a level either so I had same problem

ReputationRep:
    I'll give them a call on Monday and see what they say about A levels for the GEM course, I think the course is more for health professionals from what they've mentioned. Good luck with your application
    No problem and you might have a chance with Newcastle they don't specify any a levels either and I know I didn't do too great in a level either so I had same problem

ReputationRep:
    Probably best to call them and thank you! You too

ReputationRep:
    Thank you
    Probably best to call them and thank you! You too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    Where have you guys applied?
    Barts warwick and kings (both Grad +UG)

Where are you applying? ☺

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akz18)
    Thank you! I didn't do well in my A levels so Southampton and Birmingham are a no :/ so far only KCL and QM are the only Universities who look only at degree classifications and not A levels
    in case you don't know, Southampton don't really care about A levels except chemistry at grade C. I didn't sit chemistry and they've still said i can apply as my degree had enough chemistry content, so you might be alright there depending on degree.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.