Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blue Sandals)
    Hello everyone. Thought I'd make an account as I spend a lot of time sweatily stalking the thread.

Stats are the following: 2:1 Bsc, UKCAT: VR - 900 QR - 780 AR - 650 AVG - 777

I know three of my choices, but I am torn for the last one. Barts or Southampton? Is Barts a waste of time because of the 2:1?

Also I don't have A-level chemistry and Southampton say they are unsure if my degree would qualify me for their course, but I have to apply for them to check the syllabus fully.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    How in the hell did you manage 900 for VR
    How did you prepare for UKCAT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rasillon)
    How in the hell did you manage 900 for VR
    How did you prepare for UKCAT
    Haha. Combination of luck and reading the encyclopedia a lot as a kid.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if Newcastle require the usual A levels if you're applying to their A100 course as a graduate? Can't find anything to say so on their website but I don't want to waste a choice if they want chemistry.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sophmlg)
    Does anyone know if Newcastle require the usual A levels if you're applying to their A100 course as a graduate? Can't find anything to say so on their website but I don't want to waste a choice if they want chemistry.
    hey what was your UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    I called them and last years averages were 720 for GEM and 682.50 for the Standard programme.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    Assuming it's been a minimum of 4 years since you were at college, i'd definitely get the reference from your MSc head. It may look strange not having a reference who can mention your academic abilities for your university education.

Edit: Also, since you're applying largely based on your university degree, it may look even more odd having your college tutor.
    Thank you Gavin! Where abouts are you thinking to apply?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akz18)
    Thank you Gavin! Where abouts are you thinking to apply?
    No worries, good luck with your reference. Definitely Southampton and Newcastle. I would then say Warwick, but their work experience requirements (although i exceed them) are worrying me, and then i'm unsure. Probably Barts or an undergraduate choice (Maybe Southampton again).

What about you?

ReputationRep:
    Does Barts take SJT into account (in any part of the application), I got Band 3, but my average is 730 overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tehreem5)
    Does Barts take SJT into account (in any part of the application), I got Band 3, but my average is 730 overall?
    From their website
    All candidates will also take a Situational Judgement Test (SJT). The SJT measures perspective taking, integrity and team involvement and was introduced as part of the UKCAT test in 2013. This section score may form part of the assessment at the interview.
    I know some uni's regard it as a station at their MMI interview or tie-breaker but not sure how exactly Bart's use it.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Just checking in, 'cause the deadline is looming! Is anyone else still writing/ editing their personal statements? Also, does anyone know anything about UKCAT and King's? I got an average UKCAT score (670) so I figure King's is a risk..... but I really can't afford to move out of London (living with parents) sooo really want to apply :/ Also applying to St George's, Nottingham and Swansea (all GAMSAT unis). Also..... reckon I should mention that I'm in the process of organising volunteering and stuff on the PS? Or do they only care about the past? Thanks! x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Akz18)
    I called them and last years averages were 720 for GEM and 682.50 for the Standard programme.
    A levels, not UKCAT. I'm applying for GEM but wanted to know if it's worth applying for undergraduate as well, i.e. do they require AAA including chemistry even if you're applying as a graduate.

ReputationRep:
    Application sent off. Let the waiting game commence!

ReputationRep:
    What are people doing about the 5th choice? Not sure whether to bother putting in a masters course as backup

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm just putting the four. Will just be reapplying again next year if none of them want me this year!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Same here just the 4 choices.

What are peoples thought's on Newcastle or Kings UKCAT cutoff. Do you think Newcastle is likely to be lower ? I know King's don't provide cutoff scores. I'm right on the borderline for last year's Newcastle cutoff, wondering if it's worth the risk.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    hey what was your UKCAT?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    Application sent off. Let the waiting game commence!
    Same! Where are you applying?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Carcosa)
    Same here just the 4 choices.

What are peoples thought's on Newcastle or Kings UKCAT cutoff. Do you think Newcastle is likely to be lower ? I know King's don't provide cutoff scores. I'm right on the borderline for last year's Newcastle cutoff, wondering if it's worth the risk.
    what is your score ? x

ReputationRep:
    Same! Where are you applying?
    Warwick, SGUL, Swansea, and Notts. How about yourself?

Great UKCAT score btw!

ReputationRep:
    can I ask why your are not applying to the Grad scheme where they don't look at A levels...seeing as your score is v.good?

xx

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.