Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marathi)
    This stupid change in Personal ID nearly throws me every year! I can't see why UCAS provide you with 2 different numbers, one during application, and one once it has been submitted. So irritating.

I assume, that the ID number you use for both UKCAT and previous GAMSAT results is the number you receive AFTER you've submitted your application? The new ID number you receive in your first Track email.
    Just had a small heart attack and had to run and double check this! Yeah, it says the one you get in your Track welcome email.

ReputationRep:
    Just submitted my UCAS, now getting on with the BMAT studying. Then planning to write up the Cambridge application from and get another referee lol. (deadline 22nd oct) I actually decided to apply to medicine last minute. So this is *getting really stressful

Anyone studying for BMAT?

Is it realistic to fit all the subject revision in 3-4 weeks i.e. the time left? I am mainly reading all notes first for 2 weeks because i forgot everything despite having a science degree then planning to attempt papers in the last 2 weeks.

Any thoughts....*

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know which undergrad Med uni's are lenient towards a low ukcat? I mean are there any that focus on GCSEs and ps as well as ukcat and not just ukcat alone? *

ReputationRep:
    Hi All,
    Just need some advice as to where would be best to apply to for graduate entry:
    Just graduated with a 1st in Biomedical science
    UKCAT score of 717
    Not so great A-Levels - BBC

As i have also sat the GAMSAT, im spitting my choices 2 for GAMSAT and 2 for UKCAT.

Any advice would be really helpful!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MomohJ)
    Hi All,
    Just need some advice as to where would be best to apply to for graduate entry:
    Just graduated with a 1st in Biomedical science
    UKCAT score of 717
    Not so great A-Levels - BBC

As i have also sat the GAMSAT, im spitting my choices 2 for GAMSAT and 2 for UKCAT.

Any advice would be really helpful!
    Barts and Warwick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ama2007)
    Just submitted my UCAS, now getting on with the BMAT studying. Then planning to write up the Cambridge application from and get another referee lol. (deadline 22nd oct) I actually decided to apply to medicine last minute. So this is *getting really stressful

Anyone studying for BMAT?

Is it realistic to fit all the subject revision in 3-4 weeks i.e. the time left? I am mainly reading all notes first for 2 weeks because i forgot everything despite having a science degree then planning to attempt papers in the last 2 weeks.

Any thoughts....*
    im fitting in all my BMAT from tomo too!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    im fitting in all my BMAT from tomo too!!!

how many hours you planning to do per day? I am just trying to get an idea if am going to do well or not*

ReputationRep:
    how many hours you planning to do per day? I am just trying to get an idea if am going to do well or not*
    i will be doing about 6 from tomo...u?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lostperson)
    i will be doing about 6 from tomo...u?
    oh thats pretty good, I cannot really do that long although I know i need to.*

Working full time etc so I try to squeeze in whatever i can if am doing a night shift. hopefully 3-4 hours. *

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chocoholic20)
    Okay that's great thankyou I'll make sure UCAS know about my March result.

So Nottingham had a cut off of 60 last year does that mean everyone who got that was invited for interview?

I'm so unsure about whether to apply to Notts and SGUL because my score is so borderline :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    No problem its all so confusing around application time, ucas and the uni's are there to help (so am I!)

Notts and SGUL use a different scoring method for gamsat - S1+S2+S3/3 so I got 58 'raw' score which was 60 in SGUL/Notts eyes.

Apply anyway, wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    oh thats pretty good, I cannot really do that long although I know i need to.*

Working full time etc so I try to squeeze in whatever i can if am doing a night shift. hopefully 3-4 hours. *
    ah thats hard man. respect to you for being able to do that x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yasminbennett96)
    Hey guys
    I was just wondering if GEM courses are still getting funded the same way for 2017 entry as I have looked online and none of them mention only having to pay so much and they're all saying tuition fees are 9250 so do we have to pay the full amount?
    They are still funded between student finance and the NHS after year 1. So for the first year you would have to pay around £3000, the rest is then covered.

ReputationRep:
    Urgent help needed! My university advisor wants to know where to put my degree prediction? She is submitting her reference and wants to know if there's a box on ucas where she can submit her prediction... does anyone know please??

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to enter all Bachelor module results into UCAS? I've done about a million modules!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXFrenchKicksXx)
    Do we have to enter all Bachelor module results into UCAS? I've done about a million modules!!
    I didn't enter any of them, just my overall classification. Unless the uni you are applying to specifically states they want to know your individual module results, I really don't think they could care less.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How does that work? please can you explain how you got to 60?
    Many thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any idea how much importance is placed on GCSEs and A Levels for Kings graduate entry medicine invitation to interview?

ReputationRep:
    Realistically, what are my chances for GEM with 615 on UKCAT and 1st in Biomed degree?

Im currently doing my Masters if that makes any difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GavinJR)
    Does anyone have any idea how much importance is placed on GCSEs and A Levels for Kings graduate entry medicine invitation to interview?
    none. They only look at degree level and above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spudhead)
    Realistically, what are my chances for GEM with 615 on UKCAT and 1st in Biomed degree?

Im currently doing my Masters if that makes any difference.
    ill be honest... GEM is tough. maybe any undergrad courses?

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.