Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NafNaf39)
    I've re written it a million and one times. God knows if its good but I feel like it reads better? probably being biased :P

Yup no space whatsoever, I had to delete ONE word because I had gone over the line limit -_-

Aw that sucks. Surprised you didn't puke up especially with how strong vomit smell can be...

Nope. Just sad times. Feel like I'm constantly pestering her but tomorrow is the day where I'm gonna just call her. I gave her everything she needed and still -_-

Is anyone considering the Physicians Associate program?
    I feel like mine's awful lol

I have lots of character space left but no line space to write a decent sentence.

I felt like it. Esp cos I had just given him his milk and he ate some chocolate biscuits too. He was crying at the same time and wanted a hug and I was trying not to get my clothes dirty but felt bad so hugged him anyway.

ahh that sucks. You gave her plenty of time tbh so don't feel bad. If she couldn't do one she should have told you. I really dislike it when people don't keep their word. :hugs:

I would have considered the PA course but I don't have a science-y degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spudhead)
    Thank you!

Oh god this is stressful.

I think it might be best to ring Southampton tomorrow and see if my application would be competitive at all. * * Whats St Barts/Queen Mary like for UKCAT on GEM? Hoping my Masters will counteract a low UKCAT score. * p.s. UKCAT should be abolished!
    Ukcat and degree are weighted 50:50/
    so having a masters would help you out if you have a good prediction or classification whats your ukcat score ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eemooz)
    Ukcat and degree are weighted 50:50/
    so having a masters would help you out if you have a good prediction or classification whats your ukcat score ?
    Only got 615 UKCAT unfortunately. I bombed the real exam after acing the mocks pretty much :/ ... got so many damn questions on the efficiency of washing machines and it really threw me off my game lmao.

seeing as I have a 1st in Biomed, I presume my predicted will be Distinction at Masters level too. I did ask my professor to mention my predicted grade in his reference.

ReputationRep:
    Only got 615 UKCAT unfortunately. I bombed the real exam after acing the mocks pretty much :/ ... got so many damn questions on the efficiency of washing machines and it really threw me off my game lmao.

seeing as I have a 1st in Biomed, I presume my predicted will be Distinction at Masters level too. I did ask my professor to mention my predicted grade in his reference.
    there is a specific place to put predicted grades, its not meant for the body of the reference i believe.

I think barts is a tad risky, have you considered any other unis?*

ReputationRep:
    there is a specific place to put predicted grades, its not meant for the body of the reference i believe.

I think barts is a tad risky, have you considered any other unis?*

The only one I know for certain is 5 year at Leicester. Its close to home for work purposes for funding.

With regards to GEM courses I have absolutely no idea tbh as Im not sure which ones I'd have a shot at?

ReputationRep:
    The only one I know for certain is 5 year at Leicester. Its close to home for work purposes for funding.

With regards to GEM courses I have absolutely no idea tbh as Im not sure which ones I'd have a shot at?
    hmmm the gem ones are tricky, have you done any other entrance exams?

ReputationRep:
    hmmm the gem ones are tricky, have you done any other entrance exams?
    Nope, my biggest regret is not doing GAMSAT and pinning all hopes on UKCAT.

So now Im desperately trying to choose 3 suitable places on my application so I can send it off.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, my biggest regret is not doing GAMSAT and pinning all hopes on UKCAT.

So now Im desperately trying to choose 3 suitable places on my application so I can send it off.
    okay, i think maybe some undergrad unis would be a good choice.
    aberdeen, glasgow, keele?*

ReputationRep:
    okay, i think maybe some undergrad unis would be a good choice.
    aberdeen, glasgow, keele?*
    would love to be able to do 5 year med comfortably, just the funding is an issue. Future Finance is an option but still makes me feel uneasy. Im eligible for glasgow and aberdeen but dont meet the requirements for keele unfortunately

ReputationRep:
    Ok also just realised that the 5th year is not NHS funded in Scotland for the 5 year course

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/f...ionfees2017/18

ReputationRep:
    would love to be able to do 5 year med comfortably, just the funding is an issue. Future Finance is an option but still makes me feel uneasy. Im eligible for glasgow and aberdeen but dont meet the requirements for keele unfortunately
    yeah im in the same boat tbh, but im sure a lot of candidates feel the same. definitely look into applying to those two
    Ok also just realised that the 5th year is not NHS funded in Scotland for the 5 year course

http://www.gla.ac.uk/undergraduate/f...ionfees2017/18
    its funded by the NHS not student finance.. that may be why?*

ReputationRep:
    When exactly are you supposed to get work experience? I'm in my 2nd year and thinking about maybe going into it. Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    yeah im in the same boat tbh, but im sure a lot of candidates feel the same. definitely look into applying to those two

its funded by the NHS not student finance.. that may be why?*

According to that link though it costs students 45,000 to study medicine at Glasgow and no mention of the free year or anything like it does for other degrees :/.

Have you decided where you are applying?

ReputationRep:
    According to that link though it costs students 45,000 to study medicine at Glasgow and no mention of the free year or anything like it does for other degrees :/.

the free year is provided by the uni i think, where as you would have to look at nhs bursaries to find out what the funding situation is.

I think i have, but keep changing my mind lol. Warwick a101, Kings, Barts and Keele a100*

ReputationRep:

maybe just go with your gut feeling...seeing as ukcat scores have dropped this year and you have a 1st class. you MAY be in for a shot. If not, sit the GAMSAT in March and apply again x

ReputationRep:
    the free year is provided by the uni i think, where as you would have to look at nhs bursaries to find out what the funding situation is.

I think i have, but keep changing my mind lol. Warwick a101, Kings, Barts and Keele a100*

Oh nice, what are your stats?

ReputationRep:
    Oh nice, what are your stats?
    ukcat 716*
    1st class degree in a life science*
    AAB at alevel and not sure if gcses are important anymore haha but 13 A*-B grades.
    the usual work experience and volunteering haha
    How about you?*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gatewaymerge)
    When exactly are you supposed to get work experience? I'm in my 2nd year and thinking about maybe going into it. Thanks.
    Ideally you have to show a sustained commitment to studying medicine, so start as early as possible before application. It may also help you to make your mind up.

ReputationRep:
    ukcat 716*
    1st class degree in a life science*
    AAB at alevel and not sure if gcses are important anymore haha but 13 A*-B grades.
    the usual work experience and volunteering haha
    How about you?*
    Shamefully a LOT worse than that haha

1st in Biomed
    Oncology masters in progress (predicted distinction)
    UKCAT 615 *sobs*
    No A-levels at all.
    Poor GCSE's, most are C, two B's and couple A's

ReputationRep:
    Shamefully a LOT worse than that haha

1st in Biomed
    Oncology masters in progress (predicted distinction)
    UKCAT 615 *sobs*
    No A-levels at all.
    Poor GCSE's, most are C, two B's and couple A's
    it is all going to be okay

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.