Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How was your 2014? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

How was the year 2014 for you, personally? Was it one of your best/worst years? Anything exciting happen? etc.

Thank you
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    It was absolutely ****. Will be glad to see the end of it. My highlights include: (and yes, this does kinda prove how bad it was)
    - Spending 48 hours in a field in the arse end of nowhere with a bunch of strangers from the internet and doing as many laps around said field
    - My friends attempt at educating me on music (it worked)
    - Speedyway GP with dad
    - Parents taking me to see The Who
    - Meeting up with various friends
    - Completing my first, second and third half marathons
    - Getting into the London Marathon
    • Welcome Squad

i think mine went pretty crap :indiff:

ReputationRep:
    A lot better than 2013 (although the June/July of 2013 were a tad better than 2014) that's for sure.

It was rising steadily as the year went by and it felt good. I met some great people people this year, so yeah I'm happy with the year as a whole

ReputationRep:
    It was meh. Some good, some bad. Some major highs and lows.

ReputationRep:
    It was a bit crap in some aspects but okay in others. Hopefully 2015 will be much better

ReputationRep:
    Eskellent towards the end. :love:

ReputationRep:
    It was just like any other year, and nothing really sticks out to me as being memorable. Well, I can only hope 2015 is better!

ReputationRep:
    Highlight of the year was returning to shonen Schwarzwald. The rest of the year was just coping with work and the d*ckheads in my 6th form (some anyway). The sooner I get into Freiburg or Heidelberg Universitat the better

ReputationRep:
    Had great fun on TSR... culminating in promotion to exclusive 10 Greens club. marvellous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    Had great fun on TSR... culminating in promotion to exclusive 10 Greens club. marvellous.
    10 greens club?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    10 greens club?
    Sure... when you reach 10 greens you get a special badge and t-shirt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    what is it I mean?
    well if people like your posts they give you rep.
    this gradually builds up until you get rep gems.
    you have two of them.

PS i love the Black Forest. not just the gateau !!

we went on a school trip to Freiburg. wunderbar.

ReputationRep:
    you have two of them.
    Oh I see; how long have you been on the student room, that you have 17,000 odd posts. Also how do you give rep, when I click on the 'give rep' icon, there is a box comes up, I thought it was just a rating out of 10

ReputationRep:
    2014 started off fine, got a little worse towards April/May, and gradually got better. Since August it has been fantastic! The highs have been more significant than the lows. Worst year to date was the end of 2012/start of 2013.

ReputationRep:
    rubbish

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gott)
    Oh I see; how long have you been on the student room, that you have 17,000 odd posts. Also how do you give rep, when I click on the 'give rep' icon, there is a box comes up, I thought it was just a rating out of 10
    es ist ein Bild von einem Daumen in der linken Ecke des Bildschirms.

klicken Sie darauf, wenn Sie diesen Artikel lesen können.

[MODEDIT]From Google translate - Please edit to something more legible:

it is an image of a thumb in the left corner of the screen.

click on it, if you can read this article. [/MODEDIT]

ReputationRep:
    you have two of them.

PS i love the Black Forest. not just the gateau !!

we went on a school trip to Freiburg. wunderbar.
    Really, I was born in Stuttgart, and go to the black forest on holiday now; its like the lake district but with more trees and hills and bigger

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulasmic)
    2014 started off fine, got a little worse towards April/May, and gradually got better. Since August it has been fantastic! The highs have been more significant than the lows. Worst year to date was the end of 2012/start of 2013.
    Same with me!

ReputationRep:
    It was pretty good, I guess. Started talking to a really special guy who has helped me a lot over the last few months. Got good results, secured an apprenticeship, finally worked out where I want my future to be headed. I have a feeling 2015 is going to be a lot better though, I have a lot of stuff to look forward to next year

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.