Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

How was your 2014? Watch

ReputationRep:
    It was great. I cleared some demons and now I'm ready to go in 2015.

ReputationRep:
    Well, I ate lots of food, didn't fail my exams, can't drive, and still live with my parents.

So yeah, it was great!!

ReputationRep:
    wondrous

ReputationRep:
    Experienced a hell of a lot this year. I've been higher than ever and lower than ever, for sure. Bring on 2015!

ReputationRep:
    This is a difficult one to answer for me.

Career-wise, it couldn't have gone any better. My work was nationally recognised, leading my firm to nominate me for our industry's version of the Oscar awards. This had a knock-on effect in terms of being pursued by clients, competitors, etc. I also completed executive education at Harvard to grow my technical knowledge and have something to balance against work. After dark, I've worked my way through a string of dalliances. And I've also reconnected with old and new friends.

But this professional success was set against a backdrop of personal unfulfilment. The more I succeed in my education and work, the emptier my life seems. I mean, what am I really striving for? Am I truly content with what I'm lining myself up to achieve with my life? Is my life meaningful, am I going to leave a proud legacy? The more I reflect upon my favourite works and personal heroes, the more unanswered questions I find myself asking.

On balance, I don't think I have a choice but to say that it has been a good year. Just not good enough. But, perhaps, no year will ever be good enough.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgecake22)
    Won't you have to pay for a btec..ridiculous amount of money since you'll be over 18??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I can always lie to avoid paying

hopefully i hope it actually doesn't reach to that stage of doing a fourth attempt at college for 2015.

ReputationRep:
    It started difficult for me because I had to deal with the death of a loved one but it got a lot better and overall I had an awesome year

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It was really good not really for any particular reason just a good mindset

ReputationRep:
    Mines been good !! I mean I've had a lot of Lows, but the good parts of this year have been better than other years ! I made a lot of great friends this year and also began to get a better idea of what I want to do in the future :~)

Best part of this year was the concerts I went to :--D

ReputationRep:
    Was good but then a really bad thing happened a few weeks ago, and it's been hard.

Hoping for a good 2015.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GeorgeBuxey94)
    The worst year of my life so far
    Same. Hope you have a good 2015

ReputationRep:
    Hope everyone that didn't have the best of 2014 has a much better 2015
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Was gunna say 7/10, but I've just finished work early, so 8/10.

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.