Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Girls - am I fat? Also whats your weight? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have just been a bit conscious of my weight, size, figure because a lot of my friends in school are way slimmer than me and there's me like fat and ugly. But anyway, here's my size and things like that: .... I'm 13, female, 5'6.5 foot, 11.5 stone, 34c bra size, long blonde hair and hazel eyes (don't know why I put the last 2 but yolo) .... Okay so that's it basically, I know I'm already fat its just that if any1s got recommended diets and fitness exercise or whatever. I might start doing boxercise for a bit and then do proper boxing classes but I have to get fit first which I'm not and that will take months but anyway whats your weight and stuff. Sorry I just don't want to be the only one talking bout my weight and stuff lol okay thanks bye.

ReputationRep:
    Any1?

ReputationRep:
    Put the numbers in here: NHS BMI calculator and see what you get back.

Edit: also, follow the links it recommends and read what they say.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly lass. You're 13. As much as it seems like its an issue for you its really not.

I would recommend a healthy diet and taking up something like kickboxing not because of anything weight related but because its interesting, it will give you confidence, you'll be part of a community. A healthy diet is an obvious reason. Best to look after your future well being from the start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sam Walters)
    Honestly lass. You're 13. As much as it seems like its an issue for you its really not.

I would recommend a healthy diet and taking up something like kickboxing not because of anything weight related but because its interesting, it will give you confidence, you'll be part of a community. A healthy diet is an obvious reason. Best to look after your future well being from the start.
    Hiya, suppose your kind of right but there are so many b**** my age that can take the mick out of peoples weight even if there a little overweight and everything "MUST" be perfect about their weight and yes, tbh I am concerned about my weight because I do wish to be a healthy person. Also I did kickboxing in primary school and I went with my best friend who I don't speak to but it didn't last long in kickboxing because I was in year 5 fighting people in year 8 or something like that age and it hurt a lot for me because I was younger lol but I want to do like proper boxing because I am quite strong and stuff, I also have broad shoulders so I'm really good at swimming and can swim a mile in under half an hour but thing is I don't have enough time to go swimming due to being older than I was before like. But thanks anyway and also I do try and eat healthy as best as I can. Okay bye.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    Put the numbers in here: NHS BMI calculator and see what you get back.

Edit: also, follow the links it recommends and read what they say.
    Okay thanks chick x

ReputationRep:
    im 17, 5'4 and weigh 132/3 lb i think thats 9 stone (more fat than muscle) or more and 36C ...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1D - Belieber)
    im 17, 5'4 and weigh 132/3 lb i think thats 9 stone (more fat than muscle) or more and 36C ...
    Ok, tbh I want to be 9 stone and like I think that's a good weight...

ReputationRep:
    The best option is to obviously lose weight by eating healthy and doing exercise but do it because you want to do it not because of other's judgements

Like I'm pretty happy about my self but I want to lose weight because I feel I will be even happier about myself not because others will, I bet if I actually lost weight other people won't even care, anyways my only problem is that I'm lazy so yeah

And 1 thing how is that you are 13 and have a bra size of 34C while I'm 17 and I still have A, no hate just wandering

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I need to lose a stone apparently to be a healthy weight

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay♥)
    I need to lose a stone apparently to be a healthy weight
    And the best ways to do that are: eat more fruit + eat more veg + continue with your sporting activities.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artsy444)
    The best option is to obviously lose weight by eating healthy and doing exercise but do it because you want to do it not because of other's judgements

Like I'm pretty happy about my self but I want to lose weight because I feel I will be even happier about myself not because others will, I bet if I actually lost weight other people won't even care, anyways my only problem is that I'm lazy so yeah

And 1 thing how is that you are 13 and have a bra size of 34C while I'm 17 and I still have A, no hate just wandering

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same, it will make me more happy I suppose and not many people will notice unless I change a lot which I probably won't. Also maybe because I have a more curvy figure? Not sure but I have a hourglass figure if I lost more weight I mean but maybe its because were just different body types idk? Nothing to be ashamed of though.

ReputationRep:
    Personally, I think you're perfectly fine. I went through the same state of mind when I was your age, but it's surprising how much your body changes in a few years, so don't think about it too much. BMIs aren't really that accurate, especially if you're like me and very sporty… so if you get a rather disappointing result, don't let it bother you.
    Don't worry about what other people say/think about you, if you look "normal" then you don't need to be so conscious about your weight, find clothes that flatter your figure and you feel confident in. Also trying different sports is a good idea- for example, I do a lot of swimming which is great for all round strength and toning, many say it is the best exercise you can do for toning your body. The water also makes you feel fresh once you've come out and the harder you work, the better you feel. Just remember not to eat too much once you've burned calories exercising else you'll be doing the opposite of what you're aiming for!
    Hope this has helped 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay♥)
    Hi, I have just been a bit conscious of my weight, size, figure because a lot of my friends in school are way slimmer than me and there's me like fat and ugly. But anyway, here's my size and things like that: .... I'm 13, female, 5'6.5 foot, 11.5 stone, 34c bra size, long blonde hair and hazel eyes (don't know why I put the last 2 but yolo) .... Okay so that's it basically, I know I'm already fat its just that if any1s got recommended diets and fitness exercise or whatever. I might start doing boxercise for a bit and then do proper boxing classes but I have to get fit first which I'm not and that will take months but anyway whats your weight and stuff. Sorry I just don't want to be the only one talking bout my weight and stuff lol okay thanks bye.
    Honestly all you need to do is just exercise and eat well. Your 13! Some of its probably baby fat still and youll grow out of it as well! Trust me i did lol.

I did exercise too. Went Zumba a few times and attempted swimming (i cant swim still lol) and yeh. Go for the boxercise if you feel like itll help and youll feel better!

Im now 5ft and 7st 13. I lost more weight this summer tho bcos i fell ill. But have managed to keep it off with healthy eating... apart from these last 4 weeks where ive been eating ice cream constantly.. but yeh youre still young! Dont worry about it too much :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    The first step is try to lose weight for yourself, and not for other people. Also, don't even see it as losing weight, but entering into a fitter and healthier lifestyle. Eat healthily (but don't starve yourself, or skip meals) and exercise regularly. Drink lots of water. There is honestly no secret to becoming healthier (always it can be hard, especially if you've been brought up in an unhealthy lifestyle, i'll admit). Check out health.com, they always have some good recipes and advice.

Also remember that you are 13. You are still very young and are probably still growing, so it is important to eat food to accommodate this. Much of the weight you have now may be 'puppy fat' and may drop off when you become older.

I'm 6 stone 10lbs, but i'm also 4ft 10inches, so i'm very short.

ReputationRep:
    I don't want to hurt a 13 year old's feelings or confidence, but I'm a 20yo guy 180cm high and weigh 80kg which isn't much less than you, so it seems quite a bit there.
    Take a friend with you and sign up to a gym, do some cardio.
    If you'd commit yourself to losing weight rather than sitting here wasting your time, then you'd have been much closer to you goal than you are now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Simes)
    And the best ways to do that are: eat more fruit + eat more veg + continue with your sporting activities.
    Okay thanks I will

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)
    I don't want to hurt a 13 year old's feelings or confidence, but I'm a 20yo guy 180cm high and weigh 80kg which isn't much less than you, so it seems quite a bit there.
    Take a friend with you and sign up to a gym, do some cardio.
    If you'd commit yourself to losing weight rather than sitting here wasting your time, then you'd have been much closer to you goal than you are now.
    She clearly wants to get healthier and so I don't think it's very productive to state that she could be closer to her goal already - she's on here for support and ideas, not to be criticised for not having done anything about her weight yet. She's only 13 years old and shouldn't obsess over weight loss goals - she just needs to focus on being healthier for herself and no one else, taking her time with it and doing it properly (ie. No stupid low calorie diets and excessive exercise regimes to lose weight as quickly as possible - I've been down that road myself and still haven't quite managed to get off it yet!) But I agree with you, exercising with a friend will make it a social activity, which will be good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lay♥)
    You're a nice height so I don't think you've got a huge amount of weight to lose. Weight is like an item of clothing - you can put it on and take it off but it can't define you. You're only 13, so just focus on being healthy and happy (which doesn't necessarily mean as thin as possible!) and confident in yourself. I bet you're a beautiful person, both inside and out, so don't get too hung up over the number on the scales

ReputationRep:
    Last time I weighed myself I was 11.5 stone. I'm 6ft 3inch and 22. But then I am a stick insect :indiff:

I'm also a dude.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.