Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

Guys what would you say makes a woman damaged goods??? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nae)
    Lmao. You'd be surprised.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If a parent get's HIV/AID's the child has a chance of being born with it too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Wrong)
    For me it's abortion. Even agreeing with abortion outside of rape/physical disability ruins a woman's image for me. Women are meant to be nurturing and maternal, that is, pro-life.
    Don't believe in contraception either then? Because not using it is also ''pro-life''

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Schrödingers Cat)
    Don't believe in contraception either then? Because not using it is also ''pro-life''
    I'd prefer to a marry virgin yes. I am not a virgin however.

ReputationRep:
    For me it's abortion. Even agreeing with abortion outside of rape/physical disability ruins a woman's image for me. Women are meant to be nurturing and maternal, that is, pro-life.
    So you'd rather be with a woman who'd abort her baby/foetus because it has a physical disability (ie, cant walk?) than one who'd abort it because she's unable to financially support it and in turn potentially ruin her and the childs life? Sounds like you really love maternalism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mojojojo101)
    countries like Africa

COUNTRIES LIKE AFRICA

think I'll probably ignore what you have to say.
    Sorry I forgot this is the student room where everyone is pedantic A holes

ReputationRep:
    Nothing, because women aren't 'goods', they're human beings, just like men.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tupper_ware)
    So you'd rather be with a woman who'd abort her baby/foetus because it has a physical disability (ie, cant walk?) than one who'd abort it because she's unable to financially support it and in turn potentially ruin her and the childs life? Sounds like you really love maternalism.

Absolutely.

I think it's immoral to abort a child because of financial woes especially when state handouts and simple time-management and organisation make child rearing even when a single mother relatively easy compared to other countries. Where there's a will there's a way. Abortion is used as a cop out in a lot of cases and in those situations the women are being selfish.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

I think it's immoral to abort a child because of financial woes especially when state handouts and simple time-management and organisation make child rearing even when a single mother relatively easy compared to other countries. Where there's a will there's a way. Abortion is used as a cop out in a lot of cases and in those situations the women are being selfish.
    Easy to say all of that when you're male...

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely.

But by using your logic if a woman is even actively trying for a child and the baby could be disabled, it's okay to abort it.
    You have to stick to your beliefs mate, you can't just make small exceptions when it suits you.

ReputationRep:
    But by using your logic if a woman is even actively trying for a child and the baby could be disabled, it's okay to abort it.
    You have to stick to your beliefs mate, you can't just make small exceptions when it suits you.

Of course it's okay to abort a disabled child. This already happens fetuses get screened for all sorts and physical disability like spina bifida. Are you living in outside world?

ReputationRep:
    Of course it's okay to abort a disabled child. This already happens fetuses get screened for all sorts and physical disability like spina bifida. Are you living in outside world?
    It happens all the time because abortion is legal and people can abort for pretty much whatever reason they feel is good for them. But you being pro-life should surely be against aborting disabled children? If you were married and found out your pregnant wife was likely going to give birth to a blind baby or one that would be unable to walk, would you want her to abort it?

ReputationRep:
    It happens all the time because abortion is legal and people can abort for pretty much whatever reason they feel is good for them. But you being pro-life should surely be against aborting disabled children? If you were married and found out your pregnant wife was likely going to give birth to a blind baby or one that would be unable to walk, would you want her to abort it?
    Nice try but my first post on this thread says that aborting disabled children and those produced from rape is fine with me because those situations put the woman in a really difficult situation something outside of her control. I'm not devoid of Humanity I can empathise with the plight of women who resort to abortion as a last resort.

Yes. I'd abort a blind/disabled child because that's unfair on them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messiah Complex)
    Nothing, because women aren't 'goods', they're human beings, just like men.

AMEN!

ReputationRep:
    Nice try but my first post on this thread says that aborting disabled children and those produced from rape is fine with me because those situations put the woman in a really difficult situation something outside of her control. I'm not devoid of Humanity I can empathise with the plight of women who resort to abortion as a last resort.

Yes. I'd abort a blind/disabled child because that's unfair on them.
    I'm just genuinely asking here because most pro-lifers I've come across take an all-or-nothing approach.
    Most pro-lifers are religious and believe any child is a gift from God, what's different about a blind or disabled child that means they're not worth being born? Children who are born with these more minor disabilities often don't know what they're missing because they never had it in the first place, perhaps they'd want to be born?

Also I know you said you're not in favour of contraception, but what if a condom broke and a women ended up pregnant? This situation is out of her control and you said above you can empathise with difficult situations that weren't a womans fault. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    When she has banged every guy within a 5 mile radius. I dont sleep around a lot so I expect her not to aswell.

Come at me haters!

ReputationRep:
    I'm just genuinely asking here because most pro-lifers I've come across take an all-or-nothing approach.
    Most pro-lifers are religious and believe any child is a gift from God, what's different about a blind or disabled child that means they're not worth being born? Children who are born with these more minor disabilities often don't know what they're missing because they never had it in the first place, perhaps they'd want to be born?

Also I know you said you're not in favour of contraception, but what if a condom broke and a women ended up pregnant? This situation is out of her control and you said above you can empathise with difficult situations that weren't a womans fault. :confused:

I'm not religious as I said just a few minutes ago in another post. However I do believe in God and His mercy. Abortion is a small mercy in the case of disabled children. I don't know what you mean by "minor" disability. It's not that they're not worth being born rather their birth doesn't justify their long-term suffering (this is why I'm talking about debilitating conditions).

I'm afraid a split condom ( ) is not out of a woman's hands or give her a free pass to have abortion. A lot of people use it as an excuse when in reality they weren't even using condoms just too ashamed to reveal their despicable nature. And anyway if the condom split as long as the woman wasn't being raped she put herself in that situation. This is why I'm against frivolous sex and promulgate young women to be selective about their sexual partners and perhaps only have 3 in their whole life time to minimize sticky ( :lol: ) situations like this one.

ReputationRep:
    When she has a screaming kid not of my stock

ReputationRep:
    I'm not religious nor am I a redneck. I just have morals and standards.
    Yep telling someone else what to do with their own body with no knowledge of their individual circumstances, and indeed no actual involvement in their decision is very moral. It's not as if people doing what you do make it harder for women to deal with what is a tough choice already :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:

I'm afraid a split condom ( ) is not out of a woman's hands or give her a free pass to have abortion. A lot of people use it as an excuse when in reality they weren't even using condoms just too ashamed to reveal their despicable nature.
    What a ridiculous thing to say. Come on, let's have some evidence of all these people and their "despicable nature"? I also don't think you've ever used a condom judging by your bizarre views on it.

And anyway if the condom split as long as the woman wasn't being raped she put herself in that situation.
    So what about the man? Where's his element of culpability here? Or is just all on the woman?

This is why I'm against frivolous sex and promulgate young women to be selective about their sexual partners and perhaps only have 3 in their whole life time to minimize sticky ( :lol: ) situations like this one.
    My god. Having 3 or less sexual partners doesn't prevent you getting pregnant. People do get pregnant when in committed relationships at times where they do not want/are not ready/able to have children you know. It's not just cheap whores sleeping with anything with a pulse...

You're woefully naive. How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    What an awful expression.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.