The Student Room Group

Guys what would you say makes a woman damaged goods???

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Smash Bandicoot
I know you do but most people have different understandings :s-smilie:

you accept that you might not be 'ready' for someone and therefore work on managing your feelings and condition so that you will be able to give as much as you receive from your future partner. This is noble and benevolent.

I wont have a future partner, like I said im damaged goods.
Original post by sherlockfan
I dont want to start an argument. Theres no reason things cant be discussed without arguing. I just think peoples perceptions of anxiety and depression as not that serious are wrong.

Sorry, it just seemed like you were trying to be argumentative with me personally when I was only trying to answer why some people said those 2 illnesses were fine and not others. I do think they're serious, but other mental illnesses have far worse stigma attached to them.
I wont have a future partner, like I said im damaged goods.

you think that now but things will change in a few years for you I reckon, like they will for me :smile:
you think that now but things will change in a few years for you I reckon, like they will for me :smile:

Thats what I thought a couple of years ago and its just been a downward spiral since then, so I doubt it.
Thats what I thought a couple of years ago and its just been a downward spiral since then, so I doubt it.

yeah, but mostly because the way that you think is very clearly depressive so you need more therapy. (And probably your personal family life has contributed to this state as well)
yeah, but mostly because the way that you think is very clearly depressive so you need more therapy. (And probably your personal family life has contributed to this state as well)

I dont need more of something that clearly hasn't worked.
I dont need more of something that clearly hasn't worked.

You do realise both of us feed off each other…you tell me 'if you want to change, go do something about it' and I say 'I can't' with some excuse…then I say the same back to you and you also say 'I can't'…on it goes…maybe we need a break from each other :tongue:
You do realise both of us feed off each other…you tell me 'if you want to change, go do something about it' and I say 'I can't' with some excuse…then I say the same back to you and you also say 'I can't'…on it goes…maybe we need a break from each other :tongue:

The difference is youre still at the beginning and im nearing the end.
Yeah maybe that would be best.
The difference is youre still at the beginning and im nearing the end.
Yeah maybe that would be best.

I don't follow…or I do follow and that is really uncomfortable :frown:

but I don't want to leave you alone, you deserve a friend
1. Comming from a rough area
2. Speaking ghetto
3. Hoop Earings
4. Naive
5. Slept with many different men
6. Femenist
7. Politically Correct
8. Cheated in the past
9. Hates Christianity
10. Has a better job than me

I've refused to even pursue friendships with women who are femenists in the past. Puts me off.
* 9-5er
* Consumerist drone/mall rat.
* Involved in finance/accountancy or marketing on any level
* Possesive fathers/brothers
* Nationalistic jingoism
Reply 91
Original post by Schrödingers Cat
- Gambling addiction
- Drug addiction
- HIV
- AIDS
- Herpes
- More than two tattoos
- A kid
- Divorced more than once

More than two tattoos :')
Original post by slg60
More than two tattoos :')

Unless they're really sexy :sexface:
Reply 93
Original post by Messiah Complex
Nothing, because women aren't 'goods', they're human beings, just like men.

Only right answer tbh.
people =/= goods
for me the main ones are if she has been divorced,has kids from someone other than me and if she is promiscuous
nothing people say on here makes any sense. e.g.
a) she's damanged goods if she's mentally ill.
b) I'm mentally ill.
a) ooh youre not damaged goods, there's someone out there for everyone!

:rolleyes:
She's dead?
"Africa is a country!" Wow. Read this thread after watching that "Non-Muslims don't go into Birmingham" video and can safely say this comment made me laugh even harder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest