Turn on thread page Beta

Would you wear these? (Hideous in my opinion!!!) watch

• CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    celeb wearing not exactly the same thing,but i'm still looking for where i saw it.
    another celeb this time it's black though so not as bad.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha those are bad. id never wear them

ReputationRep:
    those should be reserved for fancy dress only, most definitely

ReputationRep:
    They are extremely tacky!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by half face)
    Where did you get that dress, it's terrible. And those shoes with that jacket, oh jeez!
    what :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Why would anyone want to put themselves in that thing?!

ReputationRep:
    yeah i see. If they are just worn like alone then yeah they're a bit ugly

ReputationRep:
    I assume I'm the only person who likes the leggings then? (I'm no chav btw, lol). I think they're really quirky and would look really nice with a denim mini skirt and long top.

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing you mean a reeallllyyy long top?

Actually, you do probably have a point that they could be alright if they were worn in a nicer context, but I stick with the viewpoint that there are many superior alternatives. Shininess is pretty in little quantities to add a bit of character to an outfit and break it up, and I don't think that reflective expanses are generally very appealing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImperceptibleNinja)
    I'm guessing you mean a reeallllyyy long top?

Actually, you do probably have a point that they could be alright if they were worn in a nicer context, but I stick with the viewpoint that there are many superior alternatives. Shininess is pretty in little quantities to add a bit of character to an outfit and break it up, and I don't think that reflective expanses are generally very appealing.
    But you have to take into consideration that a flash was used when the photo was taken, therefore the light would be reflected in the leggings. I don't think they really would be that shiny if you wore them as a form of evening wear.

ReputationRep:
    god no!

ReputationRep:
    They're hideous!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes they're horrible but then I don't get the whole leggings thing anyway. I think they just look odd in general. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Gosh. no. no I would not.
    I probably couldn't even get my arms in a pair.

ReputationRep:
    Looking again at the original picture, I've noticed that the shininess has a slight texture to it... almost as if it's slightly holographic. Oh, if it is holographic, save us.

ReputationRep:
    hahaha jesus christ keep those shiny things away from me :eek: !!!! the only shiny things i want this xmas is big fat jewellry!!!

they made even the non-human size 6 model wearing them (the gold ones) look fat and lumpy... what hope does a mere mortal have?!

I absolutely adore my black leggings... but i draw the line at extremities like this!!!

ReputationRep:
    Dear god. Just when I thought fashion couldn't sink any lower.

Cropped tights/leggings are hideous enough - but making them out of lamé?! Ugh. Soon a thousand self-hating emo kids will hate themselves even more when their oh-so-fashionable new leggings make their legs look even worse than the current cropped-leggings-with-flat-shoes-and-tacky-little-mini-denim-skirt-with-flat-shoes-oh-dear-my-ankles-look-dreadful-and-my-legs-look-lumpy ensembles do... A thousand fat and uncomprehending chav girls will buy the gold ones en masse and wear them as trousers without even a skirt to hide their shining camel-toe, but nonetheless wrapping hideous thick leather belts around their hips and arses until their flesh spills out over the top... A thousand girls who idolise Kate Moss will purge themselves even more so they can look good in her hideous Top Shop creations... The fashion dystopia is upon us! Flee! FLEE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hel)
    Dear god. Just when I thought fashion couldn't sink any lower.

Cropped tights/leggings are hideous enough - but making them out of lamé?! Ugh. Soon a thousand self-hating emo kids will hate themselves even more when their oh-so-fashionable new leggings make their legs look even worse than the current cropped-leggings-with-flat-shoes-and-tacky-little-mini-denim-skirt-with-flat-shoes-oh-dear-my-ankles-look-dreadful-and-my-legs-look-lumpy ensembles do... A thousand fat and uncomprehending chav girls will buy the gold ones en masse and wear them as trousers without even a skirt to hide their shining camel-toe, but nonetheless wrapping hideous thick leather belts around their hips and arses until their flesh spills out over the top... A thousand girls who idolise Kate Moss will purge themselves even more so they can look good in her hideous Top Shop creations... The fashion dystopia is upon us! Flee! FLEE!
    ;laugh; ahhh this post is so funny and true... i do love my black leggings and mini skirt combo though :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~*Sarah R*~)
    ;laugh; ahhh this post is so funny and true... i do love my black leggings and mini skirt combo though :p:
    Muaha, thank you. And sorry, but I do have a particular hatred for the black cropped leggings + miniskirt look. I don't hate the people who wear it, but the clothes... ugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hel)
    Muaha, thank you. And sorry, but I do have a particular hatred for the black cropped leggings + miniskirt look. I don't hate the people who wear it, but the clothes... ugh!

i hate it when they make it ultra-emo

i like it cause i get to wear a mini-skirt without worrying about flashing my lady-bits

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 2, 2006
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.