Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Printing doubled sided Macbook Watch

ReputationRep:
    I want to print double sided on my macbook, the printer I am using prints double sided. I go to print > layout, however 'double sided' printing is greyed out and it won't let me select it.

I have also gone to system preferences > printers and scanners > options and supplies. However there is no option for printing double sided. Please help, I am finding this really frustrating.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TickTackToe)
    I want to print double sided on my macbook, the printer I am using prints double sided. I go to print > layout, however 'double sided' printing is greyed out and it won't let me select it.

I have also gone to system preferences > printers and scanners > options and supplies. However there is no option for printing double sided. Please help, I am finding this really frustrating.
    This could be because your printer does not support duplex printing? What printer model do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    This could be because your printer does not support duplex printing? What printer model do you have?
    It does though, I used the same printer to print double sided using a windows computer

ReputationRep:
    It does though, I used the same printer to print double sided using a windows computer
    What printer do you have and how did you install the drivers for the printer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madl24903)
    What printer do you have and how did you install the drivers for the printer?
    It's a Canon MP270 series, I used the USB cable to install the printer onto my computer

ReputationRep:
    You might need the OS X-specific drivers from Canon to use the duplexer.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...XMA_MP270.aspx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UpInTheMorning)
    You might need the OS X-specific drivers from Canon to use the duplexer.

http://www.canon.co.uk/Support/Consu...XMA_MP270.aspx
    Thanks I have downloaded the software, and I have installed it but how do I run it?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks I have downloaded the software, and I have installed it but how do I run it?
    Sorry, don't know, I don't have a Mac.

But check in the printer menu, the duplex option might be available now?

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.