Turn on thread page Beta

BTEC ND grades explained watch

ReputationRep:
    I did a BTEC ND (as well as three A-levels, because something inside my head believed this to be a grand idea?!)

Anyway, I totally agree about the whole, getting DDDP in a module and getting a P overall - so annoying!

Luckily I ended up with DDD at the end of it, but I can see how easy it would be to slip up from one modules mistake!

ReputationRep:
    Yay.. i just finished my BTEC ND in E-Media (2 year) at RUTC. Final Grade= DDM

ReputationRep:
    D*D*D*= 420
    D*D*D= 400
    D*DD=380
    Laurylauz88 What BTEC Did you take? What A-Levels did you take?

ReputationRep:
    im doing btec national diploma, out of the 18 units, how many distinction as do you need for an overall grade of D*D*D*, D*D*D, D*DD, DDD and DDM?

ReputationRep:
    D*D*D*-15Ds and 3Ms
    D*D*D-12Ds and 6Ms
    D*DD-9Ds and 9Ms
    DDD-3Ds and 15Ms
    DDM-2Ds and 16Ms
    That is if your units are 10 credits units.

D*D*D*-15Ds, 2Ms, and 1P
    D*D*D-13Ds, 3Ms, and 2Ps
    D*DD-14Ds, 1Ms, and 3Ps
    DDD-13Ds and 5Ps
    DDM-10Ds and 8Ps
    DMM-8Ds and 10Ps
    MMM-6Ds and 12Ps
    MMP-4Ds and 14Ps
    MPP-3Ds and 15Ps
    PPP-1D and 17Ps

ReputationRep:
    I completed the first year of a BTEC in Media Production before transferring over to A-levels. I finished that first year with distinctions. Anyone know how much that is worth me in UCAS points?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    ArthurV, were you doing the 18 unit Extended Diploma or 12 unit Diploma? Had you finished 9 units or 6 units of the BTEC? Even 9 units I think you would still a Subsidiary Diploma would be a D*.

ReputationRep:
    ArthurV, what A-levels are you taking? Why did you change A-levels? You would likely have 140 UCAS points.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest, I have just finished a semi-gap year (more of a getaway) working in Austrailia coming off the back of my Alevels. Im just trying to gather some perspective on my academic prospects now im back. Im pretty sure it was a 12 unit Diploma and 140 sounds about right thanks.

us3481ja, I was doing a Btec in Media Production, I enjoyed the subject, but just one of those things where I couldnt relate to people on my course. When it came to getting productive collaborations going for group projects stress took the joy out of it. Too many teenagers wanting to be speilburg i guess,at that level it should be a laugh really.

Uh I did A-levels to keep myself occupied, so i stuffed my AS(we're talking es) and by the time i sorted it out for A-level i averaged on cs. I studied Philosphy, English, Spanish(dropped) and Photography, so keeping it random.

ReputationRep:
    Hi I have been reading this thread, is the grading system for BTEC's level 3 to A levels still the same I got 3 Merits which 240 UCAS points and I thought it was 3 B's not 3 C's I am little disappoint. The reason why I am asking is because the first post 7 Years ago. Also the subject I was doing IT.

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources

Features

Blinkered horse

Take off your BTEC blinkers

Find out the truth behind the BTEC myths.

Polling station sign

BTEC essentials

What you really need to know about studying BTEC.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.