The Student Room Group

urgent- Edexcel history unit3, need help please

Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone here is doing Edexcel history at AS level and if so I wonder could you tell me something about the recent topics in past paper( June 2003 and Jan 2004 will do).

I am doing ' Britain between the wars,1919~1939'.

Due to some reason I need to to this paper on my own, and the exam day is coming-very worried at the moment :frown: . So if anyone happens to do the same paper as me or know something about it, help please!

Many thanks!
Eco_girl
Hi everyone, I wonder if anyone here is doing Edexcel history at AS level and if so I wonder could you tell me something about the recent topics in past paper( June 2003 and Jan 2004 will do).

I am doing ' Britain between the wars,1919~1939'.

Due to some reason I need to to this paper on my own, and the exam day is coming-very worried at the moment :frown: . So if anyone happens to do the same paper as me or know something about it, help please!

Many thanks!

Why don't you visit the Edexcel website, they usually have past papers/examiner reports available online. http://www.edexcel.org.uk/qualifications/QualificationAward.aspx?id=48534 - You should find recent past papers here. That was how I revised my AS. Good luck. x
Reply 2
Thank you for your advice! I have tried but the thing is there isn`t any past paper nor markscheme available there :frown:
Reply 3
or strickly speaking there is one specimen paper but no markscheme.
Eco_girl
or strickly speaking there is one specimen paper but no markscheme.

That's odd. Can you not ask your teacher for past papers? They usually have a few lying around, and have you not done any in class at all?
Reply 5
It`s a quite complicated story-I actually changed my schools last year( i am current an upper sixth student), but I haven`t finished AS history because unit3 is a coursework in my old school, and I wouldn`t be able to finish it in my new school because they are doing OCR history instead of Edexcel ones. So the option for me to complete my AS history is to take the exam instead of coursework in unit3. So natually I haven`t done any past paper and wouldn`t be able to anyway.

Thank you for your attention, I guess the most important thing for me to do now is to just focus on revising the topics--- although I haven`t seen any past paper, I do know the areas that will be examined on, so gotta go to do revison! :smile:
Reply 6
Hi, I am doing history unit 3 next week and am doing the "Life in the Soviet Union" option. As you are probably aware, there are loads of options that you can choose for each paper. I would suggest looking at the specification for an outline of which option includes and also the teacher's guide which goes into a lot of detail. (they are both on the edexcel website). If you have no notes for the topic that you want to do, I would suggest getting the home learning files from somewhere from NEC www.nec.ac.uk/courses. They have quite detailed notes and the topic that they are doing is Responding to reform: Party and policy in the age of Gladstone and Disraeli, 1867-85, although they are very pricey.

If you are doing the Life in Nazi Germany option, Philip Allan have a really good unit 3 book. the Edexcel website also have the examiner's reports which have the questions for June 2003, might be worth looking at!

Best of luck!

Latest

Trending

Trending