Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Confused About This Guy Watch

So there is this guy I have been talking to for just over 7 months now. We are really close and he is a great mate of mine. I will admit I have a thing for him. A couple of days ago things got all weird and awkward and he ended up telling me that a couple of weeks ago he was tempted to ask me out. Equally we were talking about kisses and he said he wouldn't mind it if we did it. In his texts I noticed the use of past tense - therefore implying he no longer feels like this. Then about a week ago he tells me about this other girl he has met. He says she talks about kissing and hugging him and all that ****. They Skype and snapchat which is better than what we do. Then last night he tells me he really likes her and thinks she is perfect. I know he doesn't know like him but still. So I guess what I want to know is should I tell him how I feel? Equally I have noticed that he takes longer to reply to my texts. I don't want this new girl to affect our friendship, should I tell him this? I don't know what to do.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, I'm sort of in this situation myself. I know its not easy as it sounds but you should tell him how you feel. At least ask him in a friendly or even jokey way why he takes long to answer your messages ( but don't sound so annoying or desperate when asking him).Even if he doesn't feel the same way no more, its better knowing how he feels instead of waiting in the dark. Why don't u Skype him aswell, make him remember the cool person you are that made him want to ask you out before.

ReputationRep:
    Lol why does this say it's from 1970, pretty sure tsr, Skype, snapchat or the internet weren't even invented then but oh well, sorry this is over 40 years late but for anyone else: Just tell him you like him you've it nothing to lose
    And for the person asking the question: did it all work out?

ReputationRep:
    Loool 1970

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it's a glitch geniuses

ReputationRep:
    1970 :rofl: I found it funnier than I should have

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like he likes you. I wouldn't be surprised if he had just made up this girl in an attempt to try and make you jealous.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 16, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.