Motorbike thread and question!

Watch
Innocentlemming
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hiya!

Basically i have a question, because I am interested in getting a motorbike (scooters are for men that want to drive motorbike but want to feel wind on their vagina instead, and cars are too expensive and not cool enough).

So, for my first motorbike I'd like to get Kawasaki Ninja 500r imported from USA because it's much cheaper (by £1000-£1500 if you're lucky) and I believe this is a perfect beginners motorcycle because it isn't too fast, it's safer and looks quite cool as well!

So my question is: I am 17 right now, is it possible for me to ride a motorbike at this age? and what are the issues I'd face if I was to import this motorbike from USA! Cheers!

CT: bigger discussion on finding cheap motorbike insurance here
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Innocentlemming)
Hiya!

Basically i have a question, because I am interested in getting a motorbike (scooters are for men that want to drive motorbike but want to feel wind on their vagina instead, and cars are too expensive and not cool enough).

So, for my first motorbike I'd like to get Kawasaki Ninja 500r imported from USA because it's much cheaper (by £1000-£1500 if you're lucky) and I believe this is a perfect beginners motorcycle because it isn't too fast, it's safer and looks quite cool as well!

So my question is: I am 17 right now, is it possible for me to ride a motorbike at this age? and what are the issues I'd face if I was to import this motorbike from USA! Cheers!
you will need to do a CBT, theory, Mod 1 and then Mod 2 tests. as you are young you will be restricted to 125cc for 2 years untill you can do Mod 1 and 2 again on a bigger bike.
this is explained quite well on the first page of the TSR bike soc thread.

in your position id be tempted to just do the CBT then get a 125 for a while. this will make the tests easier (as youll have practice), cheaper till you can get on a bike, and spread out the cost. (i had a 125 for about a year).

as for the bike, id get a uk one as you can avoid the red tape, import taxes, and higher insurance (as its a Gray import), also a CB500s is a similar bike but more reliable.
Sam Walters
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You're pretty much restricted to a 125 at the moment.
Boristhethird
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
forgot about the new(ish) restrictions

Options at 16 – get a CBT and ride a 50cc bike or moped
Options at 17-18 – get a CBT and ride up to a 125cc bike/scooter, or do your CBT, theory test and full restricted tests and ride a 125cc
Options at 19-23 – get a CBT and ride up to a 125cc bike/scooter, or do your CBT, theory test and full restricted tests and ride anything that is restricted to 46.6bhp.
Options at 24+ - get a CBT or or do your CBT, theory test and DAS and ride anything.

have a look at this site
http://www.geton.co.uk/motorcycle-training-licence/#a1
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (487)
33.33%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (607)
41.55%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (299)
20.47%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (68)
4.65%

Watched Threads