Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I have known of a guy from a walking group for 9 months which we both fancied each other but didn't act upon it. 6 weeks ago a friend asked him what he thought of me and he was honest that he liked me. She then told him I was interested which he was shocked. Two weeks later we all went on a weekend away, me and him got on very well and the things he was saying were basically that he had already imagined us being a couple.

He had to leave early on the last day, which I found out after he left to go on a date with someone he had met a few weeks before we even spoke. It seemed like he didn't want to leave and his date didn't go well as somehow she found out about me. The last words he said was to keep in touch which neither of us have since. He has tried to come on walks in my area since as he lives 25 miles away but I genuinely have had other commitments on and not been able to get out of to go on the walks.

I know he tries to look me up or find out about me and unfortunately he joined POF on Christmas Eve. I don't know what to do as we got on so well and I know there was a spark, I don't want to miss my chance. He did tell my friend at the time that when he really likes someone he gets very shy. His best mate said that the guy said he doesn't know what to do as he knows I'm interested.

ReputationRep:
    He's joined a dating site. :lol: :laugh: :hahaha: Not your problem, his. He's willing to be abducted by some loner that poses as his ex.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    He's joined a dating site. :lol: :laugh: :hahaha: Not your problem, his. He's willing to be abducted by some loner that poses as his ex.
    You always give such honest advice 👍

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just contact him and ask him to go for coffee or something. Keep it light and see what happens.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 29, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.