The Student Room Group

Friend has randomly stopped texting?!

One of my friends has randomly stopped texting me back... We've been friends for about 5 months and used to text almost on a daily basis - especially in the past month or so as she left work (where we met) so it was our way of still keeping in regular contact. Then about a week ago, she suddenly stopped texting?! Her last text was 2 days before Christmas and she asked me a question, which I replied to, but then that was it. I texted her on Christmas day with a nice 'Merry Christmas' message but didn't get a reply. She'd messaged me on Facebook the night before to say 'Merry Christmas' so I didn't mind and just assumed she must be busy with her family during the festive days... So I decided to not initiate any texting for a while. But it's been about 5 days of no texting now... And I saw something that reminded me of her last night so decided to swallow my pride and text her again... Still no reply. I'm confused?! We never had an argument or disagreement or anything! :/ She's "liked" a couple of my pics and statuses on Facebook since, which gives me the impression she's not annoyed at me or anything. But why has she not texted back? I'd ask her straight out, but don't want to make things awkward for no reason, as we have such a light-hearted, fun friendship! Do you think I should stop texting or initiating any contact with her now until she does?! I'm just confused! It's a bit sad too, as I was so used to talking to her every day and now suddenly that's gone for reasons I don't know!
Btw, we are both in our twenties, so not teenagers or anything! Even though it may not sound like it ha!
Try calling her.
Sounds shi*e.
Try entertaining yourself with something to stay cool, would be a bit weird if you asked whats wrong why you not replying.
Give her some more time, it's been Christmas busy you know, but yeah not really fair.
Are you sure she's receiving the texts? This has happened to me before and it turned out to be a misunderstanding.
Reply 4
Thanks everyone, it's really been annoying me for the past few days... I'm almost starting to get annoyed at her for making me feel like this for no reason and that annoys me even more! ha!

Think I'll just wait until New Year's day and if I don't receive anything from her by then, I'll just call her and see what happens.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending