Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

Where does everyone go to look for work? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm curious where students go to look for work, either part-time or for internships / placements?

The reason I'm wondering is that we have a few vacancies open here in London and are always looking for the best people to join us.

Ideally, since we have a university nearby, it would be great to find those students who have spare day(s) to work in all manner of areas from sales & marketing / operations and engineering. (but you would be surprised how difficult it is to engage with a university - believe it or not!)

Since Gumtree shut down their "Work Wanted" section, we lost the ability to find good people so want to know where you all post your availability so I can go searching on there.

ps. I have been involved with a few start ups and I found that using Gumtree was great for finding keen people - it's ashame they shut it down, so if you have any skills to put something together, feel free to PM me - I know that other start-up/SME Directors/Entrepreneurs could really benefit from having this.

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    I like to look on Indeed there's usually loads on there.
    Also my uni has a careers centre so maybe contact the local uni to advertise your vacanices on there =)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Jackieox..very helpful "Indeed"....sorry - couldn't resist

It's a great site.

Only thing is that I can't see if people are just posting their CV's on there or if they are actually looking for work.

It has been useful to search for people with specific skills.

I have tonight been on Craigslist-London and found a few potential candidates. It's a shame there aren't more websites like this that we can use to find people who really need a job.

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.