Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I just wondered what halls would be ideal for people studying at the collegiate campus but also wanting to be fairly near to the centre. Lots of the halls closer to the centre such as Victoria Halls or Opal 1 look nice but would this be too far out distance wise or is it walkable / are there efficient bus services to the collegiate campus?

ReputationRep:
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucy-_x)
    I just wondered what halls would be ideal for people studying at the collegiate campus but also wanting to be fairly near to the centre. Lots of the halls closer to the centre such as Victoria Halls or Opal 1 look nice but would this be too far out distance wise or is it walkable / are there efficient bus services to the collegiate campus?
    There are LOADS of buses that go up Ecclesall Road (88, 83, loads of 80 buses) and when I was there, with a student card you could get a £1 return. No idea of the price now though. Basically everyone in 2nd and 3rd year live on/around Ecclesall Road even if they're at City Campus because it's so easy to get in to the city. Around a 30 minute walk.

I know the Forge is pretty close to Collegiate, that's where my sister lived when she was at that campus.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rachaelamyy)
    There are LOADS of buses that go up Ecclesall Road (88, 83, loads of 80 buses) and when I was there, with a student card you could get a £1 return. No idea of the price now though. Basically everyone in 2nd and 3rd year live on/around Ecclesall Road even if they're at City Campus because it's so easy to get in to the city. Around a 30 minute walk.

I know the Forge is pretty close to Collegiate, that's where my sister lived when she was at that campus.
    Ah really, I'm used to paying £4.70 a day for buses so that sound would be great if it was still that cheap! That's reassuring that it's not too far to get to the city centre too, thanks for the reply that's really useful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tyler Bam)
    Hey, sorry to see you haven't had any replies to your thread yet. Are you sure you’ve posted in the right place? Posting in the specific university or course forum should help get more responses.

If you haven’t already found it, then university connect is a really useful way for finding people at your course/university! You can also find a list of applicant threads and courses here. It's worth checking out if you have questions.

If you need advice on your academic work, then the Study Help section will be able to help you. Hope this helps!
    I've probably posted it in the wrong place haha, I'm quite new to this site! It just looked like a great way to find out some info on uni. Thanks for the advice it will really help plus I'll actually post in the right places from now on!

Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.