Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I have tried making notes but I always seem to forget them. Reading also doesn't help at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StuDYINGkills)
    I have tried making notes but I always seem to forget them. Reading also doesn't help at all.
    For science you could watch videos on YouTube which explain processes well. In GCSE I watched videos which had songs attached to them e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xZuCPIHvk - you can find loads of these videos online.
    I also wrote notes and repeated it to myself until I understood everything.

PAST PAPERS are the most vital part of revision. Make sure you go through every single available past paper and go through the things which you didn't understand.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Reading and copying stuff down is the worst way to revise! My revision technique is to make my own notes based on textbook and revision guides, this way you're thinking and processing the information. I also find past papers one of the best ways to revise, you find out your strengths and weaknesses and they are actual examples of questions up will be asked and also get you to improve exam techniques. If you are a visual learner (which I am) I find using bright colours to really help and using post it note. I also listen to music as it stops you going insane but also means you aren't distracted by a TV or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile

This is a video in a series of 5 about effective studying. They're meant to be for college (american college) students but you can draw some things from it!
    Good luck x

http://youtu.be/RH95h36NChI

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kangie)
    For science you could watch videos on YouTube which explain processes well. In GCSE I watched videos which had songs attached to them e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_xZuCPIHvk - you can find loads of these videos online.
    I also wrote notes and repeated it to myself until I understood everything.

PAST PAPERS are the most vital part of revision. Make sure you go through every single available past paper and go through the things which you didn't understand.

Good luck!
    Thank you so much watching videos is a very good idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lkathryn08)
    Reading and copying stuff down is the worst way to revise! My revision technique is to make my own notes based on textbook and revision guides, this way you're thinking and processing the information. I also find past papers one of the best ways to revise, you find out your strengths and weaknesses and they are actual examples of questions up will be asked and also get you to improve exam techniques. If you are a visual learner (which I am) I find using bright colours to really help and using post it note. I also listen to music as it stops you going insane but also means you aren't distracted by a TV or something.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes reading and copying is a very bad way to revise... thank you for the idea, I'll be sure to try some past papers. Music doesn't help me either unfortunately. I think I have a very bad attention span anyway, thank you very much for your time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jedanselemyia)
    This is a video in a series of 5 about effective studying. They're meant to be for college (american college) students but you can draw some things from it!
    Good luck x

http://youtu.be/RH95h36NChI
    Thank you so much for the link and your time x

ReputationRep:
    I agree that copying things down is a bad way to learn, as I recently did this for one of my exams and while I still managed to get decent marks, it just took so long attempting to learn the information I had copied because it wasn't written in a way I personally understood. Just reading text doesn't really help either, as it's almost impossible for the information to stick that way. I think selecting particular areas of a subject to focus on while studying is useful so you can keep your attention on one task, and reading the information in the textbook and making sure you understand what you are reading before writing it out using your own words and going over it. Always check with tutors/teachers for things you don't understand while doing your revision, because that's what they are there for! good luck

(Original post by StuDYINGkills)
    Thank you so much for the link and your time x
    Aw you're very welcome!

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.