Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just got to asuncion (paraguays capital), it's late, a woman at the airport (she was genuinely friendly) advised me to go to a particular hotel in the centre, silly ass taxi driver didn't listen and he went around the centre in circles trying to find a hotel...

eventually we've come up with a rather expensive 36 us dollar per night, hotel, coming inclusive, we have a swimming pool, breakfast, internet connection, and a ridiculously cool lounge area....where many old folks are currently smoking their cigarettes or cigars. It's very bourgeois (sic?)...

YET....

It feels pretty lonely... this is no place for a young 22 yr old male traveller, i want to be meeting other travellers, i guess a lack of forward planning has led to all this....pfft...

even so, i may just have a dip in the outdoor swimming pool later, floodlit that is, along with a cocktail by the pool. Schweet :cool:

The hotel is so upmarket, my room even has its own mini bar, fridge, with soft drinks, beers, lagers, wine, whiskey...all coming at their own cost of course....

Hmm, i'd better embrace this high society before it's all over, that is, check out point at 11am local time, tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by white_haired_wizard)
    Just got to asuncion (paraguays capital), it's late, a woman at the airport (she was genuinely friendly) advised me to go to a particular hotel in the centre, silly ass taxi driver didn't listen and he went around the centre in circles trying to find a hotel...

eventually we've come up with a rather expensive 36 us dollar per night, hotel, coming inclusive, we have a swimming pool, breakfast, internet connection, and a ridiculously cool lounge area....where many old folks are currently smoking their cigarettes or cigars. It's very bourgeois (sic?)...

YET....

It feels pretty lonely... this is no place for a young 22 yr old male traveller, i want to be meeting other travellers, i guess a lack of forward planning has led to all this....pfft...

even so, i may just have a dip in the outdoor swimming pool later, floodlit that is, along with a cocktail by the pool. Schweet :cool:

The hotel is so upmarket, my room even has its own mini bar, fridge, with soft drinks, beers, lagers, wine, whiskey...all coming at their own cost of course....

Hmm, i'd better embrace this high society before it's all over, that is, check out point at 11am local time, tomorrow
    awww enjoy thyself lonely wizard

ReputationRep:
    How long have you been in South America WooHooW?

ReputationRep:
    he's a show off.

don't feel sorry for him.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    How long have you been in South America WooHooW?
    7 weeks now juwel, strange really. Seems so long ago that i left home, but yet it doesn't. Feels as though i never did go to that jungle lodge i went to in the first week of my travels, and machu picchu seems such a long time ago, yet it was only 10 days ago....

Life can feel extremely surreal sometimes, which is a pity...

I'm going to swig a bottle of fanta now, in my room, all by myself , and then take a late evening dip in the swimming pool.

Did i mention the pool was heated....? heated hmm :cool: unlucky guys...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spig)
    he's a show off.

:p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spig)
    he's a show off.

spig, you cotton on very quickly these days. We're like an old-aged married couple...:p:

ReputationRep:
    How long are you over there fella? And, why?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Juwel)
    How long are you over there fella? And, why?
    my group tour (tourism) finished a week ago, the tour lasted 36 days, we started at quito, worked our way down peru and ended at la paz. As i type, i'm in a Chaco Hotel....

the frickn pope stayed here sometime in the 80s...it's quite lush as hotels go, here in Asuncion. It feels like the hotel featured in Kubrick's thriller....the one where Nicholson goes mad due to isolation, alienation. The hotel feels rather lifeless, probably many of the rooms are empty, corridors are dark, saving electricity, which is wise...

i'm off to iguacio falls asap, and then off to rio de janerio, before i fly close to the galapagos islands, before returning home to manchester from peru's Lima, this on the 6th December...

ReputationRep:
    :bawling:

That sucks

Beats looking at chavvy girls back here in scabby old UK though don't it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    :bawling:

That sucks

Beats looking at chavvy girls back here in scabby old UK though don't it? :p:
    the swimming pool sucks..

i was in there on my own, that sucks...

the water wasn't feckin heated, that also sucks...

i had only been in the pool for a few minutes before i noticed a huge beetle on my right arm, this scared the **** out of me, and my reaction probably gave the beetle a ****ing heart attack...

i was in the pool for little over 4 minutes...now i'm back on TSR. The boy has style. I'm moving out to stay in a ****hole tomorrow, this is no backpacking on a budget experience, way too bourgeois, i'm betraying my roots

ReputationRep:

i had only been in the pool for a few minutes before i noticed a huge beetle on my right arm, this scared the **** out of me, and my reaction probably gave the beetle a ****ing heart attack...

i was in the pool for little over 4 minutes...now i'm back on TSR. The boy has style. I'm moving out to stay in a ****hole tomorrow, this is no backpacking on a budget experience, way too bourgeois, i'm betraying my roots
    pools are rarely heated in spanish territory :p: theyre always cold even in summer *shivers*

ReputationRep:

:rofl: Poor Beetle..

Anyway, Being on your own can be cool, own space and all, i'd kill for some of that at the moment

4 minutes in the pool? Thats just crap :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by unfinished sympathy)
    pools are rarely heated in spanish territory :p: theyre always cold even in summer *shivers*
    lets just wait for the paraguay-ian (sic?) sun to come out tomorrow morning...then we'll see who's smiling

tis not much fun on days when you're all on your own, i've got to book my ass onto some tourist excursions asap. Today was just a day in transit, so, just an exception really....

ReputationRep:
    My Paddling Pool Swimming pool is always heated... I love having a bath with hot water.

:getmecoat

ReputationRep:
    lets just wait for the paraguay-ian (sic?) sun to come out tomorrow morning...then we'll see who's smiling

tis not much fun on days when you're all on your own, i've got to book my ass onto some tourist excursions asap. Today was just a day in transit, so, just an exception really....
    nope i swear, it can be 40 degrees and youd still freeze your ****ing ass off!

ReputationRep:
    My Paddling Pool Swimming pool is always heated... I love having a bath with hot water.

:getmecoat
    id prefer to have a bath than swim in my pool!

ReputationRep:
    Ohhhh 'ark at her and her Posh Swimming Pool at her house... :p:

Same her probably, as it's fooking freezing cold outside and raining..

ReputationRep:
    :rofl: Poor Beetle..

Anyway, Being on your own can be cool, own space and all, i'd kill for some of that at the moment

4 minutes in the pool? Thats just crap :eek:
    indeed. I just thought to myself "dude, you're in a swimming pool on your own, there's not a hot ***** in sight, it's time to call it a day".

Then i swiftly made my way down a flight of steps, got dressed and took 'the elevator' down to ground floor, and i'm now typing using arguably the sweetest mofo computer i've stumbled across during my time travelling these foreign lands. The keyboard is great, TFTS, the mouse is a beaut, life's feeling better again. Still, no hot *****es in the vicinity, this hotel is probably only reserved by the likes of SAGA et al...pity really.

ReputationRep:
    i'd prefer to have a bath....in your bath

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.