multiple planes missing in 1 year?

Scroll to see replies

And they're all around China

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 21
Original post by fudgecake22
So it can't be them - too obvious.

How about the Canadians? They're on the opposite side - maybe it was them trying to big up Air Canada.
planes go missing all the time.
Original post by Fideo
That's real nice but completely irrelevant. Planes disappearing is strange, people dying of diseases isn't.

One plane is missing after crashing in the Pacific Ocean and has yet to be found, the other crashed Nd has been found.

Planes crashing in oceans and being difficult to locate isn't a new problem.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air_France_Flight_447
Original post by fudgecake22

Posted from TSR Mobile

China's a huge country. But to say anything happening is SE Asia is by china is like saying anything that happens in South America is by Mexico.
Reply 25
Original post by e aí rapaz
I don't know why everyone is being so hard on the OP here. He/She is talking about commercial jets going missing, not just crashing. There's still every chance that this Air Asia plane will be found, but if it wasn't, I would agree that it's highly unusual for two such large commercial jets to go unfound within such a short space of time.

thanks juat to clarify to people i dont mean crashing and people dying i mean of course that has happened beforr but i mean the malaysian airline MISSING plane was soo high profiled and now another plane has gone MISSING but i heard it was found at the bottom of the sea a few days ago so rip to those who died

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
Original post by Occams‏ Chainsaw
planes go missing all the time.

but how come none have been in the media sooooo much like the malasia and air asia one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 27
Original post by Ronove
Have you seriously not noticed that the news companies jump on whatever narrative seems to be getting the most attention/clicks and pump more stories out that fit with that narrative? It's getting more and more obvious.

When a plane goes missing, suddenly there are loads of stories about a plane that struggled to put down its landing gear or a plane that had to land shortly after taking off to correct a fault ('oh my god! Just imagine if it hadn't solved the problem and the problem happened to also be something completely different and also happened to occur over a giant ocean that wasn't part of its actual flight path - then it could have been yet another missing plane! Planes are disappearing all over the place! Illuminati!).

They seemed to be trying to draw connections between the shoppers being killed in France by a terrorist and the shoppers being killed by a rogue lorry in Glasgow the other week too, but it could be a coincidence.

In conclusion: stop being a sucker. News corporations don't decide which stories to cover according to how news-worthy they are, they choose them based on how many people are going to give a **** and read them. And conjuring up scary narratives that make people wonder why certain things are suddenly happening 'all the time' does a great job of getting people to tune in.

again,if stuff like this happens all the time why did they choose THIS one to publicize

Posted from TSR Mobile
The Americans need to stop shooting planes down.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ha27
thanks juat to clarify to people i dont mean crashing and people dying i mean of course that has happened beforr but i mean the malaysian airline MISSING plane was soo high profiled and now another plane has gone MISSING but i heard it was found at the bottom of the sea a few days ago so rip to those who died

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course it would be high profile.

There a few hundred missing people still missing.
Original post by ha27
again,if stuff like this happens all the time why did they choose THIS one to publicize

Posted from TSR Mobile

These are merely the most recent.

If you go back you'll find a huge number of crashes. The only difference now is 24 hour news coverage and the internet. People are used to getting updates every few seconds. In cases like this that's simply not possible, but people, like you seem to be, assume there are other reasons for this.

Fact is, the part of the flight most likely to be dangerous is take off and landing. Obviously if an incident occurs at this point it's going to be fairly close to an airport and therefore not likely to be 'lost' quite as long. But when things happen over the ocean it's impossible to get an immediate fix unless you were right there at that exact second.

There are planes that got lost in the 30s, 40s and even 50s that have never been found.
Reply 31
Original post by ha27
but how come none have been in the media sooooo much like the malasia and air asia one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Forgetting Air France Flight 447? These things happen where there is a giant unmonitored body of water under a large part of the flight route. Of course it's only a minority of flights that even have a chance of going missing like this - if my regular Copenhagen-Manchester flight were so unlucky as to go down on the relatively small part of the route that goes over the sea then there would likely be contact with nearby radio towers the whole time. No mystery, immediate rescue (or recovery of bodies :s-smilie:), pretty boring news.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest