Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

2015/2016 Primary education PGCE Northumbria interview Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I really hope someone can give me some advice, I have an interview at Northumbria for the PGCE in a months time and wanted to know what kind of questions are asked and basically what preparation I need to do. Has anyone had their interview yet? It's safe to say I am terrified!!

Bethan xx

ReputationRep:
    Hi Bethan!

I have my interview on Wednesday and I am feeling pretty scared too! I haven't found anyone else that has already done one, so I don't really have any idea either. Preparation wise, I am going through all of the information Northumbria provided in their email, and making sure I know as much as I can about the course they provide and what they would expect back from me! Have you done your skills tests yet? I am currently revising for them like mad, but I still haven't booked them,

Hannah xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Han4689)
    Hi Bethan!

I have my interview on Wednesday and I am feeling pretty scared too! I haven't found anyone else that has already done one, so I don't really have any idea either. Preparation wise, I am going through all of the information Northumbria provided in their email, and making sure I know as much as I can about the course they provide and what they would expect back from me! Have you done your skills tests yet? I am currently revising for them like mad, but I still haven't booked them,

Hannah xx
    Hi!

I have my interview on Wednesday also! How are you getting on with revision? I have another one tomorrow as well :-(

Emma-Lou

ReputationRep:
    Hi Bethan!

Hannah xx
    Eeek good luck!! How long have you been preparing for? Please let me know how you get on I haven't done my skills tests yet, really need to get them booked, I dread maths! xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lou9291)
    Hi!

I have my interview on Wednesday also! How are you getting on with revision? I have another one tomorrow as well :-(

Emma-Lou
    Good luck to you too Emma, feel free to share your experience of the day with me (in thorough detail haha) xx

ReputationRep:
    Revision is going okay, I thiiiink. I just have no idea what to expect so it's hard knowing what to do! How about you? Good luck with today! Good it goes well

Hannah xx

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And probably this last week or so - the Christmas period got in the way! :P I dread maths too but I'm sure we'll be fine! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Where else have you applied to? I just had an email from Durham to say I have an interview with them in two weeks eeeek xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bswaz)
    Where else have you applied to? I just had an email from Durham to say I have an interview with them in two weeks eeeek xxx
    Well done!! That's very exciting I've applied to York St John and a schools direct course through York St John too. Good luck with all of your interviews! Xx

ReputationRep:
    Well done!! That's very exciting I've applied to York St John and a schools direct course through York St John too. Good luck with all of your interviews! Xx
    Aww thank you, same to you! You never know, we may be studying at Northumbria together come September! xxx

ReputationRep:
    How did interviews go? Xxx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bswaz)
    How did interviews go? Xxx
    Really good (I think/fingers crossed!) every one was so friendly and welcoming which eased nerves straight away and it all flew by! Now it's just the waiting game, but supposedly they get back to us quickly!

ReputationRep:
    Really good (I think/fingers crossed!) every one was so friendly and welcoming which eased nerves straight away and it all flew by! Now it's just the waiting game, but supposedly they get back to us quickly!
    That's great I bet you're relieved to have that part over with now! Good luck. I'm looking forward to being able to sleep properly once interviews are over with haha xxx

ReputationRep:
    Hi there! Apologies for hijacking your board, I'm an undergrad applicant, but I have an interview for Northumbria on this coming Wednesday, and I was wondering if you also had a numeracy exercise and what was involved in it? I'm just not quite sure what to expect! I'm glad your interview went well- good luck for getting an offer!
    ((Also I noticed you were discussing the QTS tests aswell, I have sat both of mine and I would highly recommend youtube searching mental arithmetic QTS advice, as I found these incredibly helpful! Also, if it's of any encouragement, I found the numeracy test to be much easier than the online ones.))

ReputationRep:
    im guessing you have had your interview now ... mine is not until February can you give me any details of how the day went ... im extremely nervous and want to prepare as best i can.

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bswaz)
    Hi! Looking through these forums for someone who will be studying in the North East.

I have had interviews and offers from Durham, Newcastle and Northumbria if you need any help?

ReputationRep:
    That would be absolutely brilliant and I am so relieved someone has gotten back to me that has had an interview at Durham.

My interview at Durham is Tuesday (I still haven't memorised my 5 minute presentation), I think out of all the interviews the Durham one has me most worried so any advice would be greatly appreciated. How difficult is the Math tests etc.

Thank you!!

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone..

Ive an interview tommorrow at Northumbria and was wondering did you have any tips??

Is there anything in particular i should be looking at?

I have an offer for Newcastle University, however their interview seems very different to Northumbria so im not quite sure what to expect!!

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had my interview for Northumbria yet, it's another 2 weeks for mine. How did yours go? Sorry I couldn't offer any advice for that one, I had interview at Durham yesterday I think my nerves may have ruined a chance there! xxx

ReputationRep:
    hi all

so i have my interview next week, for those of you that have done it, what is to be expected of the reading and math activities? also, i had an interview for Southampton and we had to do English and math skills texts on the day, is there anything like this on interview day in Northumbria?

what kind of questions are to be expected?

i appreciate all your help and replies in advance best of luck to ye all

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.