The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Technetium
Preach!

Oh my days, you are the bomb .com

:colondollar:

It just pains me deeply that some women (and not meaning to be sexist, but it does tend to be women) bring up the same relationship issues, again and again. "Is he interested in me?", "Why didn't he call back?", "Why does he blow Hot and Cold?" etc.

It pains me to see women who can't see the wood for the trees and actually allow themselves to be put into such desperate situations in the first place. Ladies, if a guy is exhibiting emotionally unavailable behaviour, or treating you poorly it is of utmost importance that you reinforce your integrity and communicate that this is unacceptable. The guy has a choice then to either step-up or step-down, as any self-respectful woman wouldn't be waiting around too long to endure such bad behaviour. Seriously, stop pussy-footing your way around these problems; wasting time with guys who only want fringe benefits or who are only half-interested in you and merely sustaining your interest by giving you crumbs. There are plenty of great guys out there, men who you will never need to second guess their interest level or rarely question their behaviour. I see no reason why you should invest so much time and energy trying to extract a decent relationship from a guy whose actions demonstrate he doesn't want to give or be in one. Learn the art of saying NO to such crap and letting go if he cannot be receptive to your needs and your boundaries.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Menrva

It just pains me deeply that some women (and not meaning to be sexist, but it does tend to be women) bring up the same relationship issues, again and again. "Is he interested in me?", "Why didn't he call back?", "Why does he blow Hot and Cold?" etc.

It pains me to see women who can't see the wood for the trees and actually allow themselves to be put into such desperate situations in the first place. Ladies, if a guy is exhibiting emotionally unavailable behaviour, or treating you poorly it is of utmost importance that you reinforce your integrity and communicate that this is unacceptable. The guy has a choice then to either step-up or step-down, as any self-respectful woman wouldn't be waiting around too long to endure such bad behaviour. Seriously, stop pussy-footing your way around these problems; wasting time with guys who only want fringe benefits or who are only half-interested in you and merely sustaining your interest by giving you crumbs. There are plenty of great guys out there, men who you will never need to second guess their interest level or rarely question their behaviour. I see no reason why you should invest so much time and energy trying to extract a decent relationship from a guy whose actions demonstrate he doesn't want to give or be in one. Learn the art of saying NO to such crap and letting go if he cannot be receptive to your needs and your boundaries.

THIS ladies.....THIS! Spot on! Well said.
Original post by Menrva

Ditto!!

I must admit that I am guilty of such behaviour not because I can't recognise what's going on but because I tend to think hmm.. maybe I'm reading too much into this or perhaps he's just playing it cool but that's complete and utter BS! Women need to stop making excuses and expect the respect that they deserve in a relationship. If he's not treating you right at any instant speak up. If nothing can be resolved move along!!
Reply 43
Original post by Maths and cheesecake
I did this to a girl recently, and now another girl is doing it to me, but she actually starts messaging me and then when I reply she ignores my reply.

it is annoying, I already decided I will not message her again, she is really hot but I am not going to get a heart attack wondering if every text alert I get is her.

Dw,mate they just play hard to get!
funnily enough I am having similar issues, right , on line dating so you need to get yourself out there - we are all on the website for the same thing right ???, 2 people reply our of 80 messages............don't think this is a male thing.......... I think this is a generation thing.............. people are so rude these days ................ so how are you meant to get yourself out there I??????? please eighteen me

Latest

Trending

Trending