Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

ReputationRep:
    I am starting an OU degree next year and applied for a tuition fee loan to fund it. I sent off my evidence about a month ago and other than sending me back my birth certificate about a week ago they haven't contacted me.

I've still been checking my student finance online regularly for updates though but there never has been any...until today that is. I logged on about half an hour ago only to see my application has been cancelled! This is what it says:

"You've cancelled your application, so we don't need you to do anything else."

I can assure you that I have certainly not cancelled anything. What do I do now? Am I supposed to re-apply and send everything off again?

I should add that I've never studied at HE level before and have never taken had any student loans before.

ReputationRep:
    My advice would be to call them ASAP and explain the situation (details below for you). Depending on the outcome of the call, I'd also follow up in writing until your application is re-opened. Good luck, this is most likely a human/system error on their part so don't panic.

Telephone: 0300 100 0607
    Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm
    Saturday, 9am to 4pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangetoes)
    I am starting an OU degree next year and applied for a tuition fee loan to fund it. I sent off my evidence about a month ago and other than sending me back my birth certificate about a week ago they haven't contacted me.

I've still been checking my student finance online regularly for updates though but there never has been any...until today that is. I logged on about half an hour ago only to see my application has been cancelled! This is what it says:

"You've cancelled your application, so we don't need you to do anything else."

I can assure you that I have certainly not cancelled anything. What do I do now? Am I supposed to re-apply and send everything off again?

I should add that I've never studied at HE level before and have never taken had any student loans before.
    Student finance isn't open for applications for 2015-16 study so unless your starting before September you've applied too early

ReputationRep:
    My course starts before September.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by orangetoes)
    My course starts before September.
    Then you need to phone them and find out what the problem is. They may have misunderstood. Phone number in one of the above posts.

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I think I've got the same problem - Any solution/reasons known?

I've recently set up my student finance account, sent of my application (which was approved - for the basic maintenance/fee loans) and signed and sent back my declaration form. About a week ago my parents also created accounts to support my application to see if I am eligible for an extra help. As of yesterday, however, on the 'welcome' page of my account, it says that my application for 'full time law 2014/15 /2015/16' 's status is: 'Cancelled'. I have not cancelled anything, ANYTHING, and only a few days ago it was asking me to send my passport as proof of identification. I have no idea what is going on. Do I have to start all over again with the applying process now? I am 100% sure I have not made a single error in my application process and I was sat with my parents when they set up their accounts to support mine.

I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE OF WHAT I MEAN, SO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK.

This is very, very frustrating, I want to get my application sorted A.S.A.P.

Thanks in advance!
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmilyBro19)
    Hello, I think I've got the same problem - Any solution/reasons known?

I've recently set up my student finance account, sent of my application (which was approved - for the basic maintenance/fee loans) and signed and sent back my declaration form. About a week ago my parents also created accounts to support my application to see if I am eligible for an extra help. As of yesterday, however, on the 'welcome' page of my account, it says that my application for 'full time law 2014/15 /2015/16' 's status is: 'Cancelled'. I have not cancelled anything, ANYTHING, and only a few days ago it was asking me to send my passport as proof of identification. I have no idea what is going on. Do I have to start all over again with the applying process now? I am 100% sure I have not made a single error in my application process and I was sat with my parents when they set up their accounts to support mine.

I HAVE ATTACHED A PICTURE OF WHAT I MEAN, SO PLEASE TAKE A LOOK.

This is very, very frustrating, I want to get my application sorted A.S.A.P.

Thanks in advance!
    There's a problem at Student Finance's end, so you can only sort this out by phoning them up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    There's a problem at Student Finance's end, so you can only sort this out by phoning them up.

I'm abroad at the moment so I can't, but I will do once I'm home. This is so frustrating

ReputationRep:
    I have the same issue with year and it's already August is it too late ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DIANADONNA)
    I have the same issue with year and it's already August is it too late ?
    No it's not too late. If your course starts this September, you have unil next June to apply and/or resolve issues with Student Finance.

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank you so much !!!! That's a big relief !!!

(Original post by Klix88)
    No it's not too late. If your course starts this September, you have unil next June to apply and/or resolve issues with Student Finance.
    • Community Assistant

If your application has been cancelled it's because an assessor has done it and the most common reason is because you applied for the wrong AY

ReputationRep:
    My application says submitted and processing yet when I go on the letters and emails bit it says they have sent me a letter cancelling it

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.