Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Never would've thought that M3 would go better than S3
    i know :/ I hope other Maths papers aren't going to follows hide this trend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xyzmaster)
    i know :/ I hope other Maths papers aren't going to follows hide this trend.
    Which other ones do you have left

ReputationRep:
    You know the question about testing mean= 0.5, didn't people think that was a bit weird?? I haven't really seen that before, I used to confidence limits as critical region and as it wasn't it critical region I concluded that mean=0.5 is valid,
    Did anyone else do the same, because it said don't do any further calculations

ReputationRep:
    It's a bit rushed, sorry! Doesn't have working for most. Thanks so much for uploading the paper kingmathematica. Did you sneak it out the hall or are you a teacher?
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf S3 June 2015 answers.pdf (821.1 KB, 965 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gome44)
    Have you got 6a)? I've done solutions for 1-5 btw
    Oh yes, my bad.
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Navo D.)
    Which other ones do you have left
    Fp2-3
    S2-4
    M2

ReputationRep:
    june 2014 a boundary -64
    june 2013 a boundary -61
    june 2012 a boundary -62

i think this paper's should be low, bc june 2014+2013 were not that hard, maybe 63 at most, i think it'll be 60

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhamm)
    It's a bit rushed, sorry! Doesn't have working for most. Thanks so much for uploading the paper kingmathematica. Did you sneak it out the hall or are you a teacher?
    From this I think I got 68

ReputationRep:
    Let me know if i've got anything wrong

edit, for some reason the pictures didnt attach, ill try agan

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dhamm)
    Ok so I got some very similar answers haha, maybe I didn't do as badly as I thought :P

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=mmms95;56013127]june 2014 a boundary -64
    june 2013 a boundary -61
    june 2012 a boundary -62

i think this paper's should be low, bc june 2014+2013 were not that hard, maybe 63 at most, i think it'll be 60[/QUOTE

A star boundaries anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentalMath)
    From this I think I got 68
    Same. My only mistake was the sampling one. Hopefully I'll get 3 marks for the right answer. I'm expecting anywhere between 69-72.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=MentalMath;56013239]
    (Original post by mmms95)
    june 2014 a boundary -64
    june 2013 a boundary -61
    june 2012 a boundary -62

i think this paper's should be low, bc june 2014+2013 were not that hard, maybe 63 at most, i think it'll be 60[/QUOTE

A star boundaries anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xin Xang)
    Same. My only mistake was the sampling one. Hopefully I'll get 3 marks for the right answer. I'm expecting anywhere between 69-72.
    The one where it said what should the boys conclusion be I put the correct answer but I said at the 1% level not realised it is the same for all v=3, so I thi9nk they will deduct 1 mark right?

ReputationRep:
    I reckon I got 65 worst case scenario, guess i'll have to make up in FP2 and S2 for an A* :P

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3344193
    Vote here

ReputationRep:
    68 probably

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shloke123)
    I reckon I got 65 worst case scenario, guess i'll have to make up in FP2 and S2 for an A* :P
    Same situation for me! Hope s2 is not different to past papers like s3, hope fp2 doesn't have any super difficult questions either

ReputationRep:
    Now that people have seen mark schemes everyone thinks they got over 67 so probably a star, so couldn't have been that hard, just the one 5d question which was weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MentalMath)
    Same situation for me! Hope s2 is not different to past papers like s3, hope fp2 doesn't have any super difficult questions either
    Well Im looking at getting the same marks. Although for A* I have more units to get the 90S

Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.