Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V0ldemort17)
    Same - was getting 74s and 75s in timed past papers but hey, life goes on my friend. Onwards and upwards to M2, s2, c3 and c4

Posted from TSR Mobile
    My thoughts exactly. Only move forward. Hey at least fp2 was miles easier than this :P

ReputationRep:
    What are realistic boundaries for this paper?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mutleybm1996)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It honistly will be hard to tell, as there has not been a similar paper in like the history of S3, hence expect boundaries to be lowered by like 1-6 marks (i hope).

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As the other poster said, hard to tell. FP3 last year might be a good model to look at; also not loads of people taking it and also a hard paper. I'd expect the boundaries to not be amazingly dissimilar to that (with the a* probably shifted up a little bit).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    As the other poster said, hard to tell. FP3 last year might be a good model to look at; also not loads of people taking it and also a hard paper. I'd expect the boundaries to not be amazingly dissimilar to that (with the a* probably shifted up a little bit).
    Is there a link to the FP3 page?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Is there a link to the FP3 page?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You can just look up the 2014 grade boundaries. I believe the A* Droped to like 63 from its normal threshold.

ReputationRep:
    I love how I get 45/75 on S3 and 71/75 on M2
    Life is full of suprises

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by newguy101)
    I love how I get 45/75 on S3 and 71/75 on M2
    Life is full of suprises
    same, mechanics is my worst module and i got a higher mark on it than s3 (even tho i thought s3 would be in the high 90's for ums)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmms95)
    same, mechanics is my worst module and i got a higher mark on it than s3 (even tho i thought s3 would be in the high 90's for ums)
    What's worse is for an A in further maths, I think i need 95-100 ums in S2... Gonna be tight

ReputationRep:
    yaa same as part b ..0.181

ReputationRep:
    Would low 50s be enough for 75 ums.

ReputationRep:
    Here is a link to the Edexcel Maths Summer 2015 Question Papers and Mark Schemes

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, looking back at this thread is like looking at another lifetime. Grade boundaries will be released on 12th August (6 days) and, personally, the S3 grade boundary being very very low is pretty much a dealbreaker for me...

Enjoy the rest of your hols (if you can) before the big day...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by V0ldemort17)
    Hi guys, looking back at this thread is like looking at another lifetime. Grade boundaries will be released on 12th August (6 days) and, personally, the S3 grade boundary being very very low is pretty much a dealbreaker for me...

Enjoy the rest of your hols (if you can) before the big day...
    Same here! I'm not overly confident I've got 90+ in enough modules but aslong there is a significant dip in S3 boundaries to account for that strange part c 5 marker I should have it! Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If anyone knows of the grade boundaries could you kindly post them here?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    66 A*, all i know

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Nvm, found them

66 a*
    59 a

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey does anyone have an S3 book? I have no idea where to find a book

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skyaviator23)
    Hey does anyone have an S3 book? I have no idea where to find a book
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Edexcel-Leve.../dp/043551914X

Weird to think it's been nearly 3 months since results for this exam, let alone the exam itself..

ReputationRep:
    Ideal, thanks!

Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.