Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official Edexcel S3 thread Wednesday 20 May 2015 Morning [6691] Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DCMed96)
    This IAL paper is the hardest so far... I hope this year will be easier than that :/ need the grades for uni lol
    I think by doing the ial's/ r papers it makes the normal papers easier at least in my opionion.

I remember your username, you must be have been here for a while.

You going Cambridge or something :d

(Original post by STATER)
    My mistake, it's not -2.3263, it's positive.

Yes, it came up in 2014 for one mark.
    Thank you very much, I will practice this later.

I salute you sir.

ReputationRep:
    I am happy to post the answer, but not guaranteed 100% though. Would be nice if i got all right
    I will post my answers too, we can share. Planning to write all my answers down on a piece of paper after i finish the exam.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    I think by doing the ial's/ r papers it makes the normal papers easier at least in my opionion.

I remember your username, you must be have been here for a while.

You going Cambridge or something :d

Thank you very much, I will practice this later.

I salute you sir.
    nah, no going there because i was rejected!
    Imperial is good for me now

I didn't see you quite often though.. where are you going?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKay)
    I will post my answers too, we can share. Planning to write all my answers down on a piece of paper after i finish the exam.
    I am sure we can compare each other's answers, and put it on here for reference, but i am not sure about the regulations on posting answer after an edexcel math exam... need to check if it is actually allowed to do so.. but otherwise lets bring it on!

ReputationRep:
    I am sure we can compare each other's answers, and put it on here for reference, but i am not sure about the regulations on posting answer after an edexcel math exam... need to check if it is actually allowed to do so.. but otherwise lets bring it on!
    Im sure if its later on in the day it won't be a problem.

ReputationRep:
    So I've started working my way through the review exercises in the book, is it worth me continuing on with this at this point or should I just go onto past papers/solomons?
    think will do IAL/R papers on Mon and Tues.

What are all of your plans?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xKay)
    Im sure if its later on in the day it won't be a problem.
    you're allowed to post answrs & discuss straight after

ReputationRep:
    Guys, do you know anywhere I can find worked out solutions or videos for S3 edexcel past papers. (not markschemes)

ReputationRep:
    can someone please kindly explain how to do Question 7c June 2003?? don't understand the table their getting in the mark scheme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by em4dy)
    Guys, do you know anywhere I can find worked out solutions or videos for S3 edexcel past papers. (not markschemes)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuK...BgDcFtKR1ys6Dt
    This is just one, you can look at the channel..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmms95)
    can someone please kindly explain how to do Question 7c June 2003?? don't understand the table their getting in the mark scheme
    It is very similar to what you get in S2, so after you go the possible samples, you find the probability of getting those means such as 50p, 30p, 26p, etc.... and they give you the probability of getting a 50p, 10p,2p already..

The sampling distribution shows all the values the mean can take with their corresponding probabilities. The mean can be 2p (when you draw 2 2p coins), or say 30p (if you draw a 50p and a 10p). The table shows the mean resulting from all possible combinations you could draw, and the probability associated with it. P24-25 in the textbook explains this.

ReputationRep:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QxuK...BgDcFtKR1ys6Dt
    thank you ! . i know of this already. anything else?

ReputationRep:
    nah, no going there because i was rejected!
    Imperial is good for me now

I didn't see you quite often though.. where are you going?
    Nice.

It's been said.

Need to get the results first but if it all work out Cam.

I think you linked your playlist lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    So I've started working my way through the review exercises in the book, is it worth me continuing on with this at this point or should I just go onto past papers/solomons?
    think will do IAL/R papers on Mon and Tues.

What are all of your plans?
    I feel like a lot of the review questions are picked up from previous papers any ways, so you may see some repeats. IAL/R I would say are harder and definitely worth doing. Really if I were you, I would smash out a few papers rather than focusing on review exercises if you feel you're tight for time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STATER)
    The sampling distribution shows all the values the mean can take with their corresponding probabilities. The mean can be 2p (when you draw 2 2p coins), or say 30p (if you draw a 50p and a 10p). The table shows the mean resulting from all possible combinations you could draw, and the probability associated with it. P24-25 in the textbook explains this.
    ahh okay, i see, thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Damien_Dalgaard)
    Nice.

It's been said.

Need to get the results first but if it all work out Cam.

I think you linked your playlist lol
    opps sorry about that

ReputationRep:
    For June 2013, Q7b, I understand how to to do it, i just don't get the part in the mark scheme where they did 31x0.25 in the sum of x^2??? why did they do that? also the 32x4.55^2??

EDIT:

Nevermind, figured it out!

For June 2013, Q7b, I understand how to to do it, i just don't get the part in the mark scheme where they did 31x0.25 in the sum of x^2??? why did they do that? also the 32x4.55^2??
    You're after the mean of the two samples combined, so you must first multiply the mean by the number in the sample, add the means together and divide by the total number in the combined sample.
    Then they do the same procedure with x^2 to find s^2.

ReputationRep:
    In questions on Spearman's or goodness of fit, do we draw out our own tables in the exam?

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.