Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Racist by an accident. What can happen now? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I've got this job working on the till in my local Morrisons.

It was all great really nice, this girl from school regularly came in and she'd always come to my till and we'd have nice quick chats for a minute or longer if there wasn't anyone queuing.

Today in the evening I saw her standing in my queue, as I finished serving the customer in front of her I thought I'd do something... idk funny perhaps, so I kneeled down pretended to look for bags or whatever and as I was getting back up, looking down I loudly said "Sorry, we do not serve customers like you in this store!" I was mortified to see a black woman standing ready to be served.

What happened was, my friend from school forgot to get something and left the queue, letting that woman go in front of her.

As you can imagine the manager wasn't very happy I got told to go home and I'm meant to have a talk with someone late...

Are my in big trouble? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)

It was all great really nice, this girl from school regularly came in and she'd always come to my till and we'd have nice quick chats for a minute or longer if there wasn't anyone queuing.

Today in the evening I saw her standing in my queue, as I finished serving the customer in front of her I thought I'd do something... idk funny perhaps, so I kneeled down pretended to look for bags or whatever and as I was getting back up, looking down I loudly said "Sorry, we do not serve customers like you in this store!" I was mortified to see a black woman standing ready to be served.

What happened was, my friend from school forgot to get something and left the queue, letting that woman go in front of her.

As you can imagine the manager wasn't very happy I got told to go home and I'm meant to have a talk with someone late...

You're in for a warning off, at worst a sacking, but I don't see it coming to that unless the woman is deeply offended

ReputationRep:

It's a joke gone wrong,

I'd explain extremely honestly to your manager about what happened - your story is too obscure to make up.

Chalk this down to experience.

ReputationRep:

My are in big trouble

ReputationRep:
    Did this really happen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Occams‏ Chainsaw)
    Did this really happen?
    Is it that bad?

ReputationRep:
    Hahahahahha
    Try appologising?

ReputationRep:
    This is too funny, it's like the perfect Woody Allen moment. Pure gold! I hope that black momma gone done and whooped your ass, boy, yes Siree! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    I would just be honest and apologise. Hopefully people will realise you're not the kind of person who would do something like that.
    • Welcome Squad

so awkward.

ReputationRep:
    If your manager is understanding he'll let you off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anonymouspie227)
    so awkward.
    I was imagining Beyonce doing that head shake to the OP really

Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.