Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are there any nice guys out there? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by userna-me*)
    A bit confusing. You want a nice and tall good looking guy but these guys will surely be getting with loads of other girls which means they're not nice guys anymore?
    How does that not make them nice guys anymore?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Easy to find in the right places but otherwise hard to find.

They tend to be guys that are quiet, may not have a lot of confidence and just hang out in their guy group but if you ever actually got to know them/hung out with them, you'd see they're actually very good 'boyfriend' material but they're very unlikely to initiate, even if they like you.

You are probably in the wrong social circles if you see what I mean which will lead to perpetual dating of the wrong type of person. It's unlikely but not impossible that it may just be prevalent in your school and there are no 'nice' guys.

Now I'm older I have a massive range of different social circles and you definitely see differences from one to another. Some group of friends just see it as acceptable and other groups would just be grateful to be with someone and would never dare treat someone wrong. It's a cultural thing.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well I'm 20 and so I'm friends with people from different social groups. Quite friendly with the 'geeks' though they seem more fun than the typical 'guy'

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    lmao. Lovely.

OP there are plenty of nice guys, you've just had a bit of **** luck. Nobody can tell you where they are but they DO exist. Probably.
    Haha well pass some my way if you know some!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riawilkinson)
    Well I'm 20 and so I'm friends with people from different social groups. Quite friendly with the 'geeks' though they seem more fun than the typical 'guy'

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why don't you explore them further?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm 13 and never had a relationship cause there's no "nice guys" my age and at school.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys?

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by akshaylal)
    Pick me. There's something else that PM stands for as well...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh dear. Tbh OP, I swear most of the guys on TSR - or at least the ones I talk to, tend to be quire nice

ReputationRep:
    :lol: the last time a girl called me "such a nice guy" in an endearing way, I manned up, became an ahole, and ****ed her. true story. girls are easy to figure out - they like aholes. be an ahole and you'll get girls. honestly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by will2348)
    Why don't you explore them further?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because the majority have girlfriends and the others I'm not attracted to haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys?

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What do you mean by nice? You don't wanna get nice and cosy in the bed, do you? I'm just saying - if you think about it all male-female relations conduct around the idea of sexual power once they end up in bed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Oh dear. Tbh OP, I swear most of the guys on TSR - or at least the ones I talk to, tend to be quire nice
    I went on a date with someone I met online before and they tried to convince me that they'd killed someone...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People keep telling me I'm a nice guy now and it drives me insane. I always wanted to be the bad guy.

ReputationRep:
    IF you look in your friend zone, you'll see some of the poor warriors there those are the nice guys

ReputationRep:
    I went on a date with someone I met online before and they tried to convince me that they'd killed someone...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wonderful. Dont use TSR then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by William Pitt)
    What do you mean by nice? You don't wanna get nice and cosy in the bed, do you? I'm just saying - if you think about it all male-female relations conduct around the idea of sexual power once they end up in bed.
    Not really sure what you mean. I just want someone I can feel comfortable with and actually trust. Other than that I don't understand your point...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IanDangerously)
    People keep telling me I'm a nice guy now and it drives me insane. I always wanted to be the bad guy.
    Nope don't be the bad guy...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda known as the nice douchebag but yeah I guess I'm a nice guy as in I'm not a jerk to anyone unless they're a jerk to me or if it's a joke

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippity.doodah)
    :lol: the last time a girl called me "such a nice guy" in an endearing way, I manned up, became an ahole, and ****ed her. true story. girls are easy to figure out - they like aholes. be an ahole and you'll get girls. honestly.
    Nah, in general you still need to be nice, but also pretty confident & reasonably good looking :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AG Singh)
    IF you look in your friend zone, you'll see some of the poor warriors there those are the nice guys
    People have said that but I'm not attracted to them. And like I said those that I am are in a relationship...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Wonderful. Dont use TSR then
    Haha well I'm not using it to meet new people...just to gain opinions!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    Nah, in general you still need to be nice, but also pretty confident & reasonably good looking :yes:
    maybe I've happened to have experiences with girls that liked douchebags? because I often insulted them pretty bluntly, but then again, I was still a bit of a sweatheart at certain occasions, but overall, I was still, deliberately, a bit of a ****, and it seemed to work a lot better than being a nice guy

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.