Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are there any nice guys out there? Watch

• TSR Support Team

All I can say is there are good guys out there, you'll probably find one when you are least expecting it, keep your chin up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaq_widow)
    Funny thing about liars and cheats is that they're good at manipulating people into thinking they're nice. Obviously she didn't chose them knowing they're cheats. You sound like a bitter self-proclaimed nice guy who resents the OP (and other women) having standards. Relationships aren't about charity.
    I agree relationships are not about charity and I do it myself but she must have seen they were not saints(not with her but with other people).So I find this morality debate unappropriate because it looks like the war between the bad ones and the 'nice' ones while nobody is innocent.
    • Reporter Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaq_widow)
    Funny thing about liars and cheats is that they're good at manipulating people into thinking they're nice. Obviously she didn't chose them knowing they're cheats. You sound like a bitter self-proclaimed nice guy who resents the OP (and other women) having standards. Relationships aren't about charity.
    Funny that, since I stated in my first post that I hate anyone who calls themselves 'nice guys', so better luck insulting me next time, you came close. I 'resent' the OP because she seems to be one of a stereotyped group of girls who date a long line of doucheknuckles, and after each one asks 'where are all the nice guys' (note: perfect guys), before going on to date another doucheknuckle, probably leaving loads of genuinely nice, funny, and smart people in her wake because she immediately ignores and discounts them as she doesn't feel an immediate physical attraction, thus cannot even be bothered to give them the time of day, let alone get to know them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riawilkinson)
    I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys?

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There are plenty of nice guys, including myself, but many girls seem to drift towards the bad guys who appear ''cooler'', often laddish even.
    • TSR Support Team

Can we please keep the posts sensible and on topic, thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    Funny that, since I stated in my first post that I hate anyone who calls themselves 'nice guys', so better luck insulting me next time, you came close. I 'resent' the OP because she seems to be one of a stereotyped group of girls who date a long line of doucheknuckles, and after each one asks 'where are all the nice guys' (note: perfect guys), before going on to date another doucheknuckle, probably leaving loads of genuinely nice, funny, and smart people in her wake because she immediately ignores and discounts them as she doesn't feel an immediate physical attraction, thus cannot even be bothered to give them the time of day, let alone get to know them.
    I have a theory that it's easier for guys to find girls more physically attractive which makes the whole 'nice guy/girl vs attractive' ratio appear out of sync when comparing between sexes. We all have a barrier for dating, a standard which we will not go below in variant qualities, for instance would you date a girl with no teeth?

@ OP your best bet is to stop looking for 'nice guys' or 'attractive guys' and just get to know people first, sooner or later there will be a person who crosses both of those requirements.

ReputationRep:
    We exist :P

Some of us look like a male version of Susan Boyle though.

Keep looking. Honestly, there are plenty of honest, trustworthy guys. You may have been unlucky so far.

ReputationRep:
    I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah guys are on the whole all jerks when it comes to girls, and anyone who tells you otherwise can't see them for what they are or has become programmed to accept bad behaviour. Some of the male sex seem to become nicer in their late 50s/60s when they are too old for testosterone-driven urges and start to think with their brains rather than their penises. At that point some of them also start to realise the effects of the way they view and treat women, because of people like their daughters and occasionally their wives or ex-wives. But yeah most men are essentially jerks when it comes to relationships. Oh wellllll

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Where have you been looking so far and how much effort are you willing to put in to chasing a "nice guy"?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Temporality)
    Yeah guys are on the whole all jerks when it comes to girls, and anyone who tells you otherwise can't see them for what they are or has become programmed to accept bad behaviour. Some of the male sex seem to become nicer in their late 50s/60s when they are too old for testosterone-driven urges and start to think with their brains rather than their penises. At that point some of them also start to realise the effects of the way they view and treat women, because of people like their daughters and occasionally their wives or ex-wives. But yeah most men are essentially jerks when it comes to relationships. Oh wellllll
    :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    there are plenty of nice guys out there... if u r implying them by keeping in mind the"physical" appearance too...
    but sumtyms, physcial appearance just doesnt play a role..
    once the time comes, u'll knw that the guy is the perfect one.. sorry for wat u went through but as of yet now, situations thats going around should nt affect ur thoughts abt the existence of nice guys. i know its hard..
    but once the right time comes u will get ur "nice" guy.
    physical appearence may play a role but once the "guy" comes around u'll no longer consider the need of appearence as well.
    best of luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arkasia)
    It wasn't an insult, the tone of all your posts fits the brief. That's a lot of assumptions for you to make and where do they come from? The emotive language you use and scornful attitude doesn't make it seem like you're passively giving advice, instead you're blaming her for not indiscriminately giving every nice guy a chance. It's an unrealistic expectation you wouldn't adhere to yourself so why even make the point. Maybe you don't realise it but you do have a bitter edge.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We're out there, just hiding

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RoyalMarine)
    I agree relationships are not about charity and I do it myself but she must have seen they were not saints(not with her but with other people).So I find this morality debate unappropriate because it looks like the war between the bad ones and the 'nice' ones while nobody is innocent.
    Where does this silly notion come from that all girls know guys intimately before they date them? How would you know if a guy is a 'saint'? Because he'll tell you all about his bad history with women? Again, ridiculous. I know a good many guys who seemed nice, playing the doting and romantic boyfriend all while trying to have a crack at me (possibly a good few other women too). And their unwitting girlfriends think he's actually a good boyfriend. It's all to easy to put on a front and not get caught for a long time at least.

So less of the nonsense blaming.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    HIII

ReputationRep:
    No, we're all as bad as your choice in men is.

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys exist in the friend zone XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XavierMyshkin)
    HIII
    Haha I take it you think of yourself as a nice guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha I take it you think of yourself as a nice guy?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I always try to stick to my principles, and usually that means being as "nice" as possible! I think I do a good job of it

ReputationRep:
    People have said that but I'm not attracted to them. And like I said those that I am are in a relationship...

Posted from TSR Mobile
    o_o if you've only ever been into relationships with 'ass-holes' how can you say you aren't attracted to them?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.