Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Are there any nice guys out there? Watch

ReputationRep:
    I used to be, then I realised there is no point. Honestly, girl turned me that way with their mentality.

For instance look at the thread below, 'I must have a rich boyfriend'.... couldn't care about treating girls with any respect anymore.

ReputationRep:
    I find it funny how all the emphasis is on men.
    Are you "nice" enough for a "nice" guy?
    Whatever nice means... :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    I find it funny how all the emphasis is on men.
    Are you "nice" enough for a "nice" guy?
    Whatever nice means... :/
    Well I'd hope so! I get on with guys and girls but I dunno I guess I find guys easier to get along with.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Lots

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riawilkinson)
    Well I'd hope so! I get on with guys and girls but I dunno I guess I find guys easier to get along with.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you get on with plenty guys, what is the problem then? haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cremated_Spatula)
    If you get on with plenty guys, what is the problem then? haha
    Well they're not exactly boyfriend material!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Do tell, why not?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AMG44)
    I used to be, then I realised there is no point. Honestly, girl turned me that way with their mentality.

For instance look at the thread below, 'I must have a rich boyfriend'.... couldn't care about treating girls with any respect anymore.
    Plenty of girls including myself said in that thread how ridiculous it is to expect a boyfriend to be rich and that was not what we expected or wanted at all. You're falling into the same trap as OP who is starting to believe there are no nice guys left, you are falling into the trap of believing there are no fair or respectable women left.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Please tell me you're not one of those women who uses their male friends as emotional crutches and they end up falling for you and getting completely rejected?

ReputationRep:
    I think you're looking for the wrong kind of guy, honey. You might be looking for the 'nice guy' but for some reason are only attracted to guys who are quite the opposite. Maybe you should just try looking in different places, and lowering your standards a little?

ReputationRep:
    Nice guys are usually the humble guys... The non attention seeking, non loud, non over confident non jockey guys... Easy to find them... The places where you don't find the attention seeking loud over confident jockey guys... Simples

ReputationRep:
    I've had a couple of relationships and been on dates with a few guys etc but they all seem to lie/make stuff up/cheat on people. Where are all the 'nice' guys?

P.s. definitely not on tinder.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    *Sticks hand up*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SophieSmall)
    Plenty of girls including myself said in that thread how ridiculous it is to expect a boyfriend to be rich and that was not what we expected or wanted at all. You're falling into the same trap as OP who is starting to believe there are no nice guys left, you are falling into the trap of believing there are no fair or respectable women left.
    Want a rich man, do level 2 hair dressing.

Anyway that was just an example of many, I wouldn't get too annoyed about it if I was you. I'm sure you can come up with some an aphorism about boys.

I don't truly believe that, as I know there is respectable woman left it's just the vast majority with inflated egos that have nothing going for them themselves that frustrate me.
    There is a mindset of self-righteous which is a particular bad trait girls have acquired in modern society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatnipGlows)
    I think you're looking for the wrong kind of guy, honey. You might be looking for the 'nice guy' but for some reason are only attracted to guys who are quite the opposite. Maybe you should just try looking in different places, and lowering your standards a little?
    Mmm, this makes sense. Good advice @CatnipGlows

ReputationRep:
    This.

@SophieSmall: Also, I can't PM you at the moment as a message comes up saying that your Inbox is full...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttaylor17)
    Nice guys are usually the humble guys... The non attention seeking, non loud, non over confident non jockey guys... Easy to find them... The places where you don't find the attention seeking loud over confident jockey guys... Simples
    Couldn't agree more.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebCross)
    This.

@SophieSmall: Also, I can't PM you at the moment as a message comes up saying that your Inbox is full...
    thanks for letting me know

ReputationRep:
    thanks for letting me know
    No worries. How are you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SebCross)
    No worries. How are you?
    Best not to derail the thread

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.