Choose wisely

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocrypha)
    Nice = ~Boring

Mean = ~Funny and desirable

Choose wisely
    Some people are both

ReputationRep:
    There are tons of nice guys, all the people I consider friends are nice guys. Why would you be in a relationship for three years with someone you don't consider a nice guy anyway? Does the joy from being able to complain about him being a ******** make it all worthwhile or something?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewierhodes)
    Some people are both
    Men who are more likely to cheat, be unfaithful, mean, demanding or w/e are more likely to be a desirable man.

Of course there are nice men that are faithful however theyre the type to have alot of women in their life regardless.

ReputationRep:
    I used to be nice but my past experiences with women have somewhat destroyed that. Sad but true :^)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Apocrypha)
    Men who are more likely to cheat, be unfaithful, mean, demanding or w/e are more likely to be a desirable man.

Of course there are nice men that are faithful however they're the type to have a lot of women in their life regardless.
    From a personal view, I thrive off social interaction and will talk to guys and girls regardless of whether I have a gf or not (Not in a cheating kind of way), I get told a lot that I'm too nice I also get told I have a lot of confidence as well as being really funny. I have never cheated and never will
    Guess it's just hard to find people who are all of the above but aren't actively ********s.

ReputationRep:
    I can't be bothered reading the posts already on here, and it's probably been said already, but come on? Nice guys? Really? Half the guys you probably meet are nice guys, but I bet you still go for the absolute d**kheads. In fact, I reckon you've got a guy best friend right? Or a guy that's reasonably close to you, but I bet you don't realise he "might" have feelings for you? Sounds stereotypical, that oh a guy and girl are just friends, there's nothing more than that. But chances are that friend, who's always nice to you, helps you out, cares for you, WANTS TO BE WITH YOU.

Note: You might not even have anybody like that in your life and this was just an assumption, but if you do, go get them tiger! You'll be happy, they'll be happy, and I believe a relationship starts from friendship and not just like "oh he's hot, hey do me a favour get his number for me".

Note: I have no idea what i'm talking about .

ReputationRep:
    I think even a nice person can make mistakes and let themselves down in a relationship. I don't think what you are talking about is 'nice' because most guys are i'm sure alright. What you seem to be talking about is how faithful the guy is, and whether he is going to cheat on you. In that regard, i think men (people in general, but especially men) are not naturally monogamous, but if you meet a guy that you really connect with and it feels right, then the chances are you will be so into each other, that the you wont even think of cheating on each other. After a few years however, there is i imagine always the temptation to have sex with someone else, but that is just where you have to hope the other person has self control and can resist those opportunities. I don't know if my Dad cheated on my mum, maybe he did but he never told my mum and vice versa. I'm undecided on the whole monogamy thing, i don't think we were ever meant to stay with one person our entire lives, it's a nice idea but flawed when it comes to real life.

ReputationRep:
    Maybe you should stop looking for a 'nice' guy, and he will suddenly appear
    You said that your mum got cheated on and you was cheated on several times, subconsciously you're probably expecting every guy that you date to do the same to you. If you think it's going to happen, then it most likely will (law of attraction). I think everybody can be nice, just need to be patient and you will meet the right person for you.

ReputationRep:
    Absolutely, it's too black and white to say, 'oh, he's a nice guy', what does that mean? Everyone is a complex, rounded individual, in the words of Richard Ashcroft 'i'm a million different people from one day to the next'.

ReputationRep:
    P.S Tinder is evil

ReputationRep:
    They're around

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CatnipGlows)
    I think you're looking for the wrong kind of guy, honey. You might be looking for the 'nice guy' but for some reason are only attracted to guys who are quite the opposite. Maybe you should just try looking in different places, and lowering your standards a little?
    Yup, will only find nice guys at the bottom.

ReputationRep:
    nice guys do exist...start with that "extremley shy guy" first....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    nice guys do exist...start with that "extremley shy guy" first....
    I started with that extremely shy guy and he lied to me a lot...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say shy = good/nice/trustworthy whatever.
    I've met plenty of dark people who keep themselves to themselves for a reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riawilkinson)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly, you can never be black and white about these things.

ReputationRep:
    Sit on my face and I'll eat my way to your heart. I'm nice like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by riawilkinson)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    ok screw him...hope you get better...trust me there are plenty of honest lads out there,i hope the next person you start a relationship(if you arent in one currently ofc) makes you feel happy and is a nice guy of sorts

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.