Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

I slept with all his friends Watch

So basically I'm dating someone for about 3 months but im really scared about going official as to be honest I wasn't the classiest fresher and have slept with basically all his friends or done something sexual

I always made them promise not to tell anyone, I really like him and we get along really well. I know he's noticing that I won't put it on Facebook and don't invite him round when my flatmates are in. I just don't want him to find out and be embarrassed but I am
    not the most open person so don't want to approach this subject.

Do you think they told and he already knows?

ReputationRep:
    Troll.

ReputationRep:
    Look at it from his point of view, remembering blokes have egos that are very important to us.

You make it sound like you're the class bike: ridden by everyone else. If he knows you've been with everyone else, when you say to him you want to go official, he won't feel like the top of the pack, he'll be made to feel like the bottom of it. If he does not know and finds out afterwards he will be hurt beyond imagining. And he will find out when he says you're dating and one of your ex-partners tells him "Big deal, we all have".

Alternatively, he won't care and that is in itself a reason not to date him as it means he won't respect you.

I really think you've blown it with him - and all the others in that circle - big time, forever.

Put it down to having had a great time, but when you look for serious relationships, look outside this circle.

ReputationRep:
    I would advise, just relax and be yourself. There's likely to be some gossip and I wouldn't hide away in shame. You're clearly desirable and its life that people have a sex life before their current partner.

ReputationRep:
    Plot twist: OP's potential boyfriend has slept with all her friends too.

Like Simes said, maybe it's best you look outside this circle. It may seem good at the tine, but sexual encounters outside of a relationship always makes things awkward.

ReputationRep:
    Just go with it and see what happens. Or if you are going to break up do it, instead of being neither here nor there.
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    We all make mistakes and at time you just wanted to have fun. If I was you, be honest with him though - if you keep it a secret or he finds out from someone else then he isn't going to happy and is going to feel hurt.

The best thing to do is tell him. If he is worth it, he will give you the benefit of the doubt and give you a chance. If not, it's a lesson learned.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which web browser do you use?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.