Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    So I'd spent the day with 3 of my work mates and we had ended up at a pub playing some pool and watching the football. One of my friends' ex and partner walked in and there was some dirty looks and words exchanged, the usual. Anyway on the way out, we left first, and they soon followed. We were all getting in the car (I'm the driver by the way, in my own car) and my friend very stupidly threw a stone at their car (was furious at him, by the way) and his ex's partner was chasing, sprinting, after us, I just put my foot down and drove off as I was terrified of him 1) Damaging the car which is my pride and joy 2) a big fight kicking off. He threw a stone back at my car and left a big dent, I'm not too bothered about that but very frustrated.

What shall I do? I'm a bit worried that if they see me around and about they will try and do something to me. Maybe they noted the reg down. But I'd just like to point out I've never met/spoken to these people in my life, and I'd only known these work mates for a few months. What should I do?

ReputationRep:
    Your work mate sounds like a ****, he had no reason to chuck a stone at this blokes car.
    He didn't even know the guy?

Find new friends to drink with.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki1805)
    Your work mate sounds like a ****, he had no reason to chuck a stone at this blokes car.
    He didn't even know the guy?

Find new friends to drink with.
    Yeah, cant disagree with that, furious with him for getting me and the others involved. But should I be trying to do anything? Could I get involved for being 'the driver'...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afctom)
    Yeah, cant disagree with that, furious with him for getting me and the others involved. But should I be trying to do anything? Could I get involved for being 'the driver'...
    They can't do anything.

"This guy threw a stone at my car."
    "Did you?"
    "No, prove it"
    Unless there was CCTV, but he'd be an idiot to do anything about it, as he too threw stones.

End of.

ReputationRep:
    I would leave your friend who threw the rock at the other persons car, he's no friend, he's a reliability, he's not going to get you anywhere. I would go write a letter to the other person who owns the other car and write apology or say sorry to him/her directly, I know it might sound weird but if you apologies they might not want to chase after you if they see you in public.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.