Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

Is this too far for the New Year? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    Ok, I know only 50,000 will be produced, but what do you think about having a £100 coin? That's a lot of money to lose down the back of the sofa!

Here's what it would look like..

Too far?
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    Way too easy to lose.
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    Waaaay too easy to mistake for a 10p coin. :lolwut:
    (Original post by Greg Jackson)
    wtf, at least start with a £5 coin or something
    (Original post by Changing Skies)
    No way would I trust myself with one :eek:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    (Original post by a10)
    is this for real? Damn :lolwut:
    As the article clearly says, this is a commemorative coin, and the way you "get your hands on one" is by, er, ordering one from the Royal Mint.

Although yes, they are technically legal tender, they are generally sold for quite a bit more than their face value so you'd be bonkers to use them as such.

ReputationRep:
    I have a £20 coin that the Mint made last year, £100 is a little out of budget though. I've never even seen a £100 note in my life, let alone a coin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeanlucpicard)
    Ok, I know only 50,000 will be produced, but what do you think about having a £100 coin? That's a lot of money to lose down the back of the sofa!

Here's what it would look like..

Too far?
    I've given you a +1 reputation because your quoted post almost made me laugh!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c.t.14)
    I have a £20 coin that the Mint made last year, £100 is a little out of budget though. I've never even seen a £100 note in my life, let alone a coin
    €500 notes actually exist (that's ~£390). The UK gov't doesn't like them though because apparently they're quite handy for money laundering.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.