Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Did I act like a coward? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Placeboo123)
    Better walk away than get stabbed lel.
    I'll link you a really good youtube video from Elliott Hulse about these sort of situations and what to do.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjoN30LA_hk
    Tell me what you think
    elliot hulse gonna elliot hulse

ReputationRep:
    You'd have been a pathetic dog if you tried to fight 6 men. Did you want to end up being stabbed? God didn't give you a brain for no reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    It's just so annoying that i can't get them back or do anything about it. I would have gone out to look for them but I just dont have any friends who would do something like that cause I just dont really hang out with those kind of people. Makes me wonder what I would do if someone did that while my girlfriend was there...imagine walking away after someones done that to your girlfriend! I'd ****ing break up with myself over that
    Stop letting it get to your pride. You did the sensible thing. The rational thing. It most certainly was not worth the risk to oppose them in that scenario.

Sure, it sucks that people are ********s and behave like that but people do suck. You're not somehow a lesser person for being intelligent not an emotional-idiot in an unfortunate and uncomfortable scenario.

ReputationRep:
    If you were my boyfriend and you stopped to fight, I would have run and left you there. You did the sensible thing.

ReputationRep:
    I would have politely advised him to manoeuvre his car more carefully in future.

ReputationRep:
    Similar thing happened to a mate of mine, he stood his ground and got beat up pretty bad.

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I was walking home yesterday night and this car pulled up beside me and suddenly reversed really aggressively right into my path on the curb. I stopped to have a go at the guy in the car and there were like 6 chavy ****ers in there. Driver rolls down his window and shouts at me 'move you ****ing ********' to which i respond 'how if you drive into my ****ing way' he then spits at me and all of them start jumping out the car so I just walked off quickly.

It's really been bothering me that I practically ran off like a *****. I know it sounds stupid but it really hurt my pride and also makes me feel like if I had been walking with my girlfriend or mother or anyone like that and something happened I wouldnt be able to defend them. Seriously made me consider carrying something to whack people like that with cause they definitely deserve it.

Would you have stood your ground or what would you have done? I don't get why this bothers me so much....
    Lol, I stuck my finger up at people like that as a joke once.
    They reversed and the guy got out of his truck shouting "you wanna FIGHT mate!" I just laughed and said no then walked off slowly, he raged at the curb or something.

I find it weird that they need a reason to justify beating someone up to actually go forward with it. :/

ReputationRep:
    You did the right thing man. Proves everyone one of them in the car are cowards for doing it in the first place especially as there was 6 of them.
    People seriously need to grow up.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh, there will be a load of people trying to act hard on here, and saying how they would have done. You invite it with a thread like this. But they wouldn't in reality, not to loads of chavs acting like that. I've stood my ground with one guy of three running up to me for a fight, I just said 'There's 3 of you and one of me' and he went off. But then, these guys don't sound like that.

ReputationRep:
    Discretion is the better part of valour, as they say.

Cheers for all the replies guys. Now that I've had a few days to think about it and considering what you guys said I do think leaving was probs the best option.

Not going to lie I think I was still slightly shocked cause it was so random. I don't even think the reversing was a mistake I'm pretty sure he was trying to hit/provoke me cause he nearly rammed his car into a wall thats how far on the curb he was. Pretty much cut me off. When they got out the car they didnt look like they wanted to talk they were getting ready to smash my head in. Still surprised noone punched me from behind. So unnecessary and its really frustrating that I didnt even get to respond or do anything.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SaucissonSecCy)
    Tbh, there will be a load of people trying to act hard on here, and saying how they would have done. You invite it with a thread like this. But they wouldn't in reality, not to loads of chavs acting like that. I've stood my ground with one guy of three running up to me for a fight, I just said 'There's 3 of you and one of me' and he went off. But then, these guys don't sound like that.
    Nope nobody has said they would have hung around an fought. Everybody has said they would have done the same as the OP.

ReputationRep:
    I would of got my phone out of my pocket and started to ring the police, whilst telling them I was doing so, watch them scram then...

(Original post by Lewierhodes)
    I would of got my phone out of my pocket and started to ring the police, whilst telling them I was doing so, watch them scram then...
    Think by the time Id have managed to call I would already be fighting. Literally jumped out the car like it was all some kind of planned out mobhit. I don't understand how people can get to that level for no reason. Pisses me off

ReputationRep:
    Think by the time Id have managed to call I would already be fighting. Literally jumped out the car like it was all some kind of planned out mobhit. I don't understand how people can get to that level for no reason. Pisses me off
    Police answer instantly :P Although yeah I get your point haha

ReputationRep:
    Well take it this way, if you were bleeding in a hospital right now (which you would have been because there were 6 people) and I was a loved one of yours, I would have thought you were the biggest idiot in the world. Clearly you did the sensible thing PLUS you did say something to them, I honestly would have been standing there shivering. So actually I think you should feel quite good about yourself!

ReputationRep:
    Basically, I was walking home yesterday night and this car pulled up beside me and suddenly reversed really aggressively right into my path on the curb. I stopped to have a go at the guy in the car and there were like 6 chavy ****ers in there. Driver rolls down his window and shouts at me 'move you ****ing ********' to which i respond 'how if you drive into my ****ing way' he then spits at me and all of them start jumping out the car so I just walked off quickly.

It's really been bothering me that I practically ran off like a *****. I know it sounds stupid but it really hurt my pride and also makes me feel like if I had been walking with my girlfriend or mother or anyone like that and something happened I wouldnt be able to defend them. Seriously made me consider carrying something to whack people like that with cause they definitely deserve it.

Would you have stood your ground or what would you have done? I don't get why this bothers me so much....
    when i was under 19 years old maybe i would have charged in kamikaze. but as i've grown older i've seen too much. I used to work on a nightclub door. and it was a one of the worser ones. i have to say its just really not worth it. people do die all the time. people get locked up all the time. its a mess. you don't wanna be in the papers the next day with some sad piece written about how great you were and how it was all brought to an end too soon.

fact is a gang of lads in a car could have weapons or anything.

now unless your some combat expert who spends his working day job in the gym fighting and training. then i doubt you could take on 6 to one. although im sure it was probably 5 considering most cars only sit 5. it all depends on your size and skill and really your mentality at the time. if you have a "i don't care about dieing today" mentality then sure that will serve you well. but if not then i wouldnt bother. its really not worth the risk.

no one would blame you for running.

and to behonest there's other chavy types that after making you walk away would sitll want blood and then chase after you in the car or what ever.

carrying a weapon isn't really well advised. simply cause most people carry them as a confidence booster and have little ability with it. so what happens is the person carrying the weapon usually ends up getting it taken off them and assaulted with that weapon.

and even the best martial artists can get beaten if the odds are against them.

lifes not a movie.

its unfair. its ugly and its unforgiving.

im no softy and i would of done the same thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lewierhodes)
    i really wouldnt do that. police reaction time is a lot slower than you think. and yes the police may capture them. but they may attack you for a good couple of minutes first.

and trust me. you don't want that trip to a&e.

(Original post by Mick.w)
    i really wouldnt do that. police reaction time is a lot slower than you think. and yes the police may capture them. but they may attack you for a good couple of minutes first.

The fact that an ex-bouncer said he'd walk off deffo makes me believe I went with the right choice haha! Cheers for the advice but yeah I'm pretty sure it was 6 of them cause I remember 4 sitting at the back squished together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mick.w)

But I would of thought the fact that they know they will get caught will put them off?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 1, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.