Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I've always liked the name Kayleigh. However, apparently it' associated with chavs, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by skidders)
    Hi
    I've always liked the name Kayleigh. However, apparently it' associated with chavs, what do you think?
    Names for what exactly?Future children? or just names you like in general

ReputationRep:
    I hate to break it to you, but... http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...promotion.html

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    I don't think its a chav sort of name. To me Whitney and bianca are chav type names.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I don't think kayleigh is a classy name personally.

I suspect Whitney and Bianca are perceived as chav names only because there are eastenders characters of that namesake...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 061194)
    Names for what exactly?Future children? or just names you like in general
    Just generally as I've always liked the name, but loads of people have told me it's chavvy

ReputationRep:
    Just generally as I've always liked the name, but loads of people have told me it's chavvy
    I like that name.But I always thought chavs names are like really obviously stupid like Strawberry ,Chantelle,Shannon,Mercedes lol Who the hell calls their kids Mercedes

ReputationRep:
    I like the name Kayleigh tbh chavvy names for me are Chloe and Paige

ReputationRep:
    The only Kayleigh I knew wore hoop earrings, sent out revealing pics of herself at the drop of a hat, is now married to a big fat guy from another culture and had a mixed race child at a young age :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    If your name hasn't been the name of a royal or its not double barrelled and classy then its a chav name.

The best names are names such as:

Elizabeth
    Grace
    Alice
    Anne
    Isabella
    Helen
    Sophia
    Victoria
    Emily-Rose

For men:

Alfred/Alfie
    William
    Edward
    James
    Charles
    Henry
    Philip
    Richard
    Thomas
    Rupert
    Archibald/Archie

Those names ooze class.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Foo.mp3)
    The only Kayleigh I knew wore hoop earrings, sent out revealing pics of herself at the drop of a hat, is now married to a big fat guy from another culture and had a mixed race child at a young age :dontknow:
    Why did you feel the need to specify that it was a mixed race child?

ReputationRep:
    Alice sounds sexy af

ReputationRep:
    Some of the responses to this thread are v. Katie Hopkins

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TorpidPhil)
    Why did you feel the need to specify that it was a mixed race child?
    I'll let people draw their own conclusions from this sample size of 1

Spoiler:
    Show
    I'd give mine (based on pretty routine observation of other young white mum's with mixed babies) but I'd rather not upset/offend anyone if I can help it

(Original post by tillytots)
    Some of the responses to this thread are v. Katie Hopkins
    Forgive us if we don't give a ****. Balls to say what most of us are thinking? :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanks, do you think that if I named a child Kayleigh they genuinely would struggle to find employment more than children with names such as Isobel?:confused:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.