(Original post by JamesManc)
    Biology
    More like psychology

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    Geography

As an a level
    I feel most insulted! Why do you think so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    Why is this?
    People tell me that it's just a branch of chemistry which over the years has strangely developed to stand as a science of its own so people argue it 'isn't a real science' , also the big bang theory regularly take the Mick out of engineering and geology treating them as lesser than physics, basically geology has been framed the be something that it's not, nevertheless it is certainly and important area of study, its the study of our earth's crust and landscape for goodness sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WilJones138)
    People tell me that it's just a branch of chemistry which over the years has strangely developed to stand as a science of its own so people argue it 'isn't a real science' , also the big bang theory regularly take the Mick out of engineering and geology treating them as lesser than physics, basically geology has been framed the be something that it's not, nevertheless it is certainly and important area of study, its the study of our earth's crust and landscape for goodness sake

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I mean I'm pretty biased since that's what I'm studying but I can't help but think that this reputation is a bit unfair ): It probably doesn't help that most people don't actually get what geology is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chlorophile)
    I mean I'm pretty biased since that's what I'm studying but I can't help but think that this reputation is a bit unfair ): It probably doesn't help that most people don't actually get what geology is.
    Haha I'm an engineer and gave been called a failed physicist a couple of times despite the fact I've always had top marks in physics and could've been one if wanted to dont worry there are plenty of people out there who would love to be doing what you're doing but they can't so appreciate that!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Maths. It seemed difficult at the time, but now seems extremely easy.

ReputationRep:
    History. If you revise essay plans you're fine. I got 1 off an A* in my A2 History exam and only started revising the week before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fudgecake22)
    Could be any? Piss easy like Maths and General Studies?

I took English Language at AS; it was such a stupid subject

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sacred Ground)
    I feel most insulted! Why do you think so?
    I've already explained. In short as a subject, I love geography, and the study of the human and physical world.

But the A Level is utter tripe

Far too easy to get 100%

ReputationRep:
    General studies

ReputationRep:
    Could be any? Piss easy like Maths and General Studies?
    I wouldnt call maths piss easy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma:-))
    I wouldnt call maths piss easy
    Later on you might realise that A-level maths is easy, further maths is comparable to others, maybe a little harder. Third A-level is very difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Media studies is pathetic. I study it and we have a production unit in each year and this year I've been left to do everything. My group didn't even do anything. I skipped many history lessons for the sake of being available to film when actors are free. Once production is over we have an evaluation. Others in the group lied saying they did work and ended up getting an A and I got C for the production despite doing all the editing, being director, camera man (spent £600 on 600d), found actors... I'm so angry. Can anyone tell me what more I could have done to get an A? Should i have done nothing like the others and exaggerate my role in report? This is a subject that will never be fair. Its definitely a Mickey mouse alevel.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by morgan8002)
    Later on you might realise that A-level maths is easy, further maths is comparable to others, maybe a little harder. Third A-level is very difficult.
    If you are naturally good at maths, then yes, its easy, but if your not, then its quite hard.
    I tried doing it myself when i did my a-levels- never again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by L'Evil Fish)
    I've already explained. In short as a subject, I love geography, and the study of the human and physical world.

But the A Level is utter tripe

Far too easy to get 100%
    Oh well, each to their own! I only average 26/30 on essay's though.

ReputationRep:
    Pseudo-sciences in general. Geography A-level I've heard is very much like the GCSE. And above all else: English Lit and Lang, the course where I got to write two stories for coursework, and some of the easiest exam questions to whizz through.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dylann)
    English Literature.

"The man was wearing a coat"

Teacher: The man is selfish and self-obsessed and only looks out for himself. The coat is a metaphor for a shield of his dark soul.

Author: It was ****ing raining so he wore a coat.
    You're insulting the author (were you aware that authors put a lot of time and thought into their craft?), those who teach English, and anyone who has ever chosen to follow the pursuit of literary scholarship. Like... what a reductive and ridiculous post. If English isn't your forte, fine. It's not for everyone. It's not acceptable, however, to write off something that you can't grasp or can't appreciate as being a "joke".

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediocrely)
    You're insulting the author (were you aware that authors put a lot of time and thought into their craft?), those who teach English, and anyone who has ever chosen to follow the pursuit of literary scholarship. Like... what a reductive and ridiculous post. If English isn't your forte, fine. It's not for everyone. It's not acceptable, however, to write off something that you can't grasp or can't appreciate as being a "joke".
    I'm not insulting the author. I'm insulting the study of the subject, like almost every other post in this thread. There are many aspects to English Literature that do not include making interpretations of single sentences, but rather themes or character development as a whole. I personally found it a dull subject and I was highlighting a small humorous part of the study to fit this thread.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lachachacha)
    I took English Language at AS; it was such a stupid subject
    Types of nouns/clauses..effect ..purpose ..baby work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Psychology??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Psychology is NOT A JOKE! It's a social science based on scientific research. And it's actually quite hard - it's rated as one of the hardest subjects at A-level.

If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.