Join TSR now and chat with students like youSign up now

What sort of people do you usually find it easy to click with? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Precious Illusions)
    I...I was joking. Because I thought it'd be kinda obvious what kinda people most people get on with.
    I gathered that, just a bit brutal to read down pleasant comments and find this :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Quirky people, like me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    I gathered that, just a bit brutal to read down pleasant comments and find this :laugh:
    lmao. Maybe a bit :moon: :innocent:

ReputationRep:
    1. People who don't ***** about others behind their back
    2. People who don't manipulate others into thinking certain things
    3. People who know how to have a good joke and can have a good laugh
    4. People who are caring and understanding of the vulnerable in society
    5. People who don't try to dictate to others what they should talk about or do
    6. People who value family a lot and have good moralistic values
    7. People who are educated and driven towards learning - an addiction to learning
    8. People who don't get uptight and can let themselves go in public and have fun without embarrassment
    9. People who are career driven, motivated and focused
    10. People who see things as the glass being half full. Being around negative nelly's is tiresome. Optimistic and happy people can improve your mood massively.
    11. People who don't show bitterness for their own failings in life and take it out on others, often through envy or spite, just because they've done well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Messiah Complex)
    1. People who don't ***** about others behind their back
    2. People who don't manipulate others into thinking certain things
    3. People who know how to have a good joke and can have a good laugh
    4. People who are caring and understanding of the vulnerable in society
    5. People who don't try to dictate to others what they should talk about or do
    6. People who value family a lot and have good moralistic values
    7. People who are educated and driven towards learning - an addiction to learning
    8. People who don't get uptight and can let themselves go in public and have fun without embarrassment
    9. People who are career driven, motivated and focused
    10. People who see things as the glass being half full. Being around negative nelly's is tiresome. Optimistic and happy people can improve your mood massively.
    11. People who don't show bitterness for their own failings in life and take it out on others, often through envy or spite, just because they've done well.
    Nice list. That was a good read.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    friendly, intelligent people with crude humour.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by somemightsay888)
    People with a good sense of humor and who aren't offended easily. I don't really mind about sharing too many common interests, but that's a plus.

My words exactly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Multitalented me)
    For me first they'd first have to be nice & friendly but also share some common interests, have a similar sense of humour & are pretty non-judgmental. I like chatty people so that would be good as well
    People who can comprehend the basic tenements of the English language.

ReputationRep:
    People who are sincerely interested in what I have to say

People who have similar interests, personalities and attitudes to my own

People who aren't loud and obnoxious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.am.lost)
    I click with people who can keep instigating conversation topics, that I can then delve into and turn into a dialogue. And they need to be able to appreciate the subtleties of dry humour, or else things would quickly go downhill...
    (Original post by Vixen47)
    The opinionated and the analytical. Those who love understanding people and don't deem any behaviour insignificant in explaining the reason why someone acts/thinks the way they do. Those who detest ignorance as much as I do. Those who don't resort to any simple explanation for anything - they strive to find a real in depth explanation that really looks into the roots of whatever they're trying to understand.
    These two combined would be my perfect friend.

ReputationRep:
    People who do not look down on you for failing to understand certain social norms and difficulty reading between the lines e.g. making a joke which could be construed as an attack by someone with a tendency to.take what is said literally until it is written down on paper or reviewed in private to consider alternative interpretations.

There are very few people like this sadly, for example most take the concept of sarcasm as inherently transparent for granted

ReputationRep:
    People who like to laugh a lot, who are full of banter. Especially those who you can call names or even funny insults and they wont get offended, and even throw them back at you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    People who aren't *****.

ReputationRep:
    From my experience it's usually quite loud and arrogant guys who are kind of snobby, I find that my personality usually complements theirs and results in just chemistry. As for my girl friends, I find most of my best friends arose from a "omg you do that too?" kind of situation, so just general overlap of personality and sense of humour.

ReputationRep:
    People who understand subtle and witty humour.

People who are just themselves and open about what they're thinking or whatever.

Don't mind some offensive jokes, that aren't meant to be hurtful... Just banter.

Accepting.

ReputationRep:
    i divide friends into

the like - people genuinely like me whose company I enjoy
    the useful - people who are of good value but company not appreciated as much

and the non friends
    the avoidant - people who you avoid at all costs

imo all family automatically treated like friends even if they are not useful and I would prefer to avoid them

I like to think i'm quite adaptive. I have a fixed identity and clear values but at the same time under any circumstance I can change my personality if I need to.

ReputationRep:
    Someone approachable, funny, open and not judgemental. A bit crazy and always smiling 👍

ReputationRep:
    No one. No one at all. Except for one person, my girlfriend. Very easy to talk to, nice to listen to, fun to spend time with and we get on well and have a good laugh. We share the same weirdness, her weird behaviour complements mine perfectly.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    People that like football.

I honestly find it hard to understand how a male can dislike football.

ReputationRep:
    Someone who loves science and maths and banter . They've got to be funny and not take jokes too seriously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.