Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Guys, would you enjoy a girl sleeping over if she didnt want intercourse? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Was in a discussion with friends and someone brought this up : /

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyfriend used to do it before we were together properly and before we'd had sex, he enjoyed it

ReputationRep:
    Can a man? Yes.

Would I? Only if I were interested in them, were with them or they were friends I were comfortable around. I wouldn't invite someone over just to stay unless they were a close female friend I felt comfortable around with clear boundaries or I were seeing/in a relationship with them. Otherwise, I'd risk leading them on and them getting the wrong idea.

ReputationRep:
    I've had one night stands like that. Not on purpose, but better than a no night stand :gthumb:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SmashConcept)
    I've had one night stands like that. Not on purpose, but better than a no night stand :gthumb:
    Was it you or her that didnt want to go all the way, what was the reason etc..

Sorry, if its too personal you dont have to reply to this ha

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would be lovely

ReputationRep:
    Lol, no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redfrost)
    Can men enjoy a girl sleeping over if she doesnt want intercourse? For example if you saw her in underwear/naked or cuddled/touched each other? Or would the urge to have intercourse ruin it/be too much?
    No, I'd get sexually frustrated if nothing happened. Doesn't have to be intercourse, hand job at the least. If not, I'd rather we slept separately.

Having said that, I did used to get in bed and cuddle with my female mate. I guess the difference was we were close, and I knew 100% nothing was gonna happen. It's the hope that ****s you, y'know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    No, I'd get sexually frustrated if nothing happened. Doesn't have to be intercourse, hand job at the least. If not, I'd rather we slept separately.
    So what if you had a girlfriend and you slept over a lot? Would you avoid doing so if she was feeling unwell or tired or on her period?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Redfrost)
    Was it you or her that didnt want to go all the way, what was the reason etc..

Sorry, if its too personal you dont have to reply to this ha
    Uh, it's happened a few times, I won't go into a ton of detail, not because I'm sensitive about it but because it seems like too much effort for kind of a trivial thing. One time a girl told me she didn't want to, no big deal; one time a girl kind of couldn't decide but I guess didn't want to because she didn't get undressed and as she sobered up I guess she just wasn't that into me; one time we did everything but and then she threw up and passed out, I went to look for some kitchen roll but all I could find was my friend getting stoned so that was a pretty good night; one time I don't really know what happened, she seemed pretty into it but wouldn't let me touch her so w.e. A couple of other times I decided I wouldn't for whatever reason that isn't necessarily clear to me now.

ReputationRep:
    strong waste of time lol

ReputationRep:
    I could enjoy it... But right now I'm being deluded by hormones (or so I think, unless I'm mentally special which I doubt) which makes me far more obsessed with the strange notion of "romance" than I should be so my desire to cuddle someone and actually develop a meaningful relationship with them far far outweighs my desire to actually have sex with someone. I somehow doubt that applies to most males for most of their life though and I imagine I will outgrow it in a few years at the latest.

TL;DR Yes but only someone I knew quite well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fabulasmic)
    So what if you had a girlfriend and you slept over a lot? Would you avoid doing so if she was feeling unwell or tired or on her period?
    Oh ok, I was kinda thinking more a one off. I have a girlfriend, and yeah, obviously we don't have sex every night. We're long distance, if we meet up and don't have sex the first night I get real frustrated, of course I'd still sleep in bed with her though, cos of love and that. Once we've had the first one I'm not too bad.

ReputationRep:
    I probably could yeah, it would be nice to have some company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mankytoes)
    Oh ok, I was kinda thinking more a one off. I have a girlfriend, and yeah, obviously we don't have sex every night. We're long distance, if we meet up and don't have sex the first night I get real frustrated, of course I'd still sleep in bed with her though, cos of love and that. Once we've had the first one I'm not too bad.
    Sorry if that sounded like a criticism or anything, I really was just wondering yeah okay I can definitely understand that.

ReputationRep:
    Yup! Very much so

ReputationRep:
    So she comes to sleep at night to play chess?
    • Welcome Squad

cuddles are so cute!!

ReputationRep:
    If she wants to sleep I'm sure she has a perfectly suitable bed at home

ReputationRep:
    Fine for me. Cute and probably part of a journey to even greater intimacy.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 31, 2014
Poll
Which Fantasy Franchise is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.