The Student Room Group

Who else hates arrogant people in school?

Petty topic but yeah. They manage to be annoying and disturb my learning so much by constantly talking in the class which is mostly everyone and yet they come out with decent grades which annoy me. I revise my ass off and come off as grades like this. Anyone experiencing the same?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by J-ved
Petty topic but yeah. They manage to be annoying and disturb my learning so much by constantly talking in the class which is mostly everyone and yet they come out with decent grades which annoy me. I revise my ass off and come off as grades like this. Anyone experiencing the same?

Used to happen to me mate,but instead of achieving similar grades I ended up f*cked with crap grades.Its tough bro.
Depends what you mean by popular. In schools I feel "popular" means something different to what it means in the rest of the world where I've found it to mean "well liked" The "popular" people at schools, like the ones you seem to be talking about, often aren't very well liked by their peers! There are always going to be people like this and it's infuriating but I am sure you're far from alone in feeling this way about them.
Reply 3
Original post by J-ved

You need to develop your bubble where such people can't disturb you because you're "in the zone". Being able to ignore distraction is a useful skill to have.

Original post by Groot
You need to develop your bubble where such people can't disturb you because you're "in the zone". Being able to ignore distraction is a useful skill to have.

That's impossible. From where I attend, it's like trying to neogatiate with a zombie.
I just need to be patient I guess. :rolleyes:
(edited 9 years ago)
Not me. Not all popular people are pompous dicks.
Reply 6
'Hate' is the wrong word, you just sound incredibly jealous.

So what if they are popular? Many of the popular ones at my school got there by being a mixture of smart, sporty, and incredibly kind to those around them. These people deserved to be popular because they were genuinely the best and brightest. Either way, why hate them? They have done nothing to you, and it seems pointless to waste your time harbouring a grudge.

I only disliked the ones who tried to be popular by tearing others down or being incredibly fake, trying to gain the title of 'lad' or 'joker' by bullying and abusing anyone they could, and acting cool when they were actually just bullies.
There used to be a girl in quite a few of my classes who would frequently dominate conversation and the ambiance of the whole classroom whilst we were trying to do work. She was a very attention seeking cow and I often felt very relieved when she wasn't in the lesson, as she would loudly talk about extremely trivial things whilst other people would remain indifferent to it. Not only that, but she was often a bitch to me as well and used to make fun of my social anachronisms in front of the whole class and just be a general gob****e. You could probably tell she came from a broken home or something like that which would explain her behaviour.

However, she achieved 7 A*s at GCSE and got a space in the local newspaper, and she was always the type to do well in school and beyond (I think she did a law degree and has gone on to other things). It's always frustrating when you encounter someone like that whose guts you completely hate, yet they do well in many aspects of their life...
Original post by fabulasmic
Depends what you mean by popular. In schools I feel "popular" means something different to what it means in the rest of the world where I've found it to mean "well liked" The "popular" people at schools, like the ones you seem to be talking about, often aren't very well liked by their peers! There are always going to be people like this and it's infuriating but I am sure you're far from alone in feeling this way about them.

I really need to think properly. I'll rephrase. Douchebags/******** I do like popular people but the ones who think for themself(s).
Reply 9
Not hate, most of them seem surprisingly ok and the ones I do personally know are great people :cool:

But if you're talking about the loud ones that attract attention in class then yes, dislike! I am the really silent kid and they bugged me off haha. I was still friends with them, but oh maan, during their episodes it was annoying (not always, sometimes a breath of fresh air was welcomed)
Original post by Arkasia
'Hate' is the wrong word, you just sound incredibly jealous.

So what if they are popular? Many of the popular ones at my school got there by being a mixture of smart, sporty, and incredibly kind to those around them. These people deserved to be popular because they were genuinely the best and brightest. Either way, why hate them? They have done nothing to you, and it seems pointless to waste your time harbouring a grudge.

I only disliked the ones who tried to be popular by tearing others down or being incredibly fake, trying to gain the title of 'lad' or 'joker' by bullying and abusing anyone they could, and acting cool when they were actually just bullies.

That's what I meant. The fake people that always gains repition by backchat or exposing innoceent peoples weakness so they could make them feel better. I'm sorry about the way I wrote out my title.
Original post by J-ved
That's what I meant. The fake people that always gains repition by backchat or exposing innoceent peoples weakness so they could make them feel better. I'm sorry about the way I wrote out my title.

Well yes, I agree with you on that then. The title suggested you hated any popular kids, which I had an issue with. It's cool. :wink:
Original post by Arkasia
Well yes, I agree with you on that then. The title suggested you hated any popular kids, which I had an issue with. It's cool. :wink:

If only I could change the title, is it possible? (noob question) :confused:
Original post by J-ved
If only I could change the title, is it possible? (noob question) :confused:

Should be able to by clicking edit on the first post and changing it in the title box there.
Original post by Arkasia
Should be able to by clicking edit on the first post and changing it in the title box there.

Did it. Thank you~ :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending