Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    Hallo.
    Ich bin Bill.
    That and a few other words so far are the extent of my knowledge of the German language. Anyone know a starter book I will do more advanced stuff after I get the hang of the basics(I'm in my first year of A levels and I want to go to universitat in Deutschland.)
    Recommend me a starter book and an advanced book ?
    -Bill

ReputationRep:
    Text books or reading books?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    My first German book was Meine Oma lebt in Afrika, which i picked up in Waterstones. It's for kids of course, but then books at this level usually are. If you want a challenge go for Im Westen nichts Neues. That was my second book and I struggled through to the end.

ReputationRep:
    Teach yourself complete German

ReputationRep:
    They use the Echo books at ks3 level. If you want a progression the same as those learning through school. If not YouTube has some good stuff and it teaches you the correct pronunciation. Get Germanized is a really good YouTube channel on german culture and they do words of the day and stuff like that. The bulk of it is in English but it give you a background of the german language which I think is important

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello, thank you for suggestions, I've already been looking at get Germanized and a few other websites, that slowly teach you . thank you all

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.