Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Is anyone feeling Little Big Planet 3? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Im thinking of getting it, having previously owned LBP 1 and 2.

I just want to know if LBP 3 is just as fun or better than the previous two.

Anyone here interested or has LBP 3 and don't mind sharing their thoughts?

And I know IGN gave LBP 3 a 6.8/10 which I thought was quite harsh. The whole review was based on bugs and they didn't even take into account the fact that bugs can be fixed with a few updates... Non the less, the community gave is am 8.5/10, which is still worse than the other two which were given 9s and 10/10s

ReputationRep:
    guys!!

ReputationRep:
    I personally enjoyed it! I got it for £22 (in Amazon's sale). It is a very good game. If you liked the first two, you should like this one as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maffyman)
    I personally enjoyed it! I got it for £22 (in Amazon's sale). It is a very good game. If you liked the first two, you should like this one as well.
    Thanks, for ps4? or 3?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angelo12231)
    Thanks, for ps4? or 3?
    I got mine for PS4

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I looked at it, but from what I saw it's not close enough to the first 2 with regards to creation and I heard the single player was not too great this time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iridann)
    I looked at it, but from what I saw it's not close enough to the first 2 with regards to creation and I heard the single player was not too great this time round.
    It might be so for story mode but I think the creation has improved a lot

ReputationRep:
    It might be so for story mode but I think the creation has improved a lot
    Oh I had read that they changed it from barebones tools to more game ready tools and I much prefer barebones, because it offers more flexibility

ReputationRep:
    Oh I had read that they changed it from barebones tools to more game ready tools and I much prefer barebones, because it offers more flexibility
    Oh really? Ill go check that out now

ReputationRep:
    Oh really? Ill go check that out now
    I think it depends on who you ask, IGN seem to think the tools are better but I didn't get that from some other reviews around the web.

Would probably suggest looking at some create/play videos on YouTube if you're thinking of buying.

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on who you ask, IGN seem to think the tools are better but I didn't get that from some other reviews around the web.

Would probably suggest looking at some create/play videos on YouTube if you're thinking of buying.
    Some of the worlds I've played created by the community have been quite impressive, however I didn't get LBP2, so I'm judging the game based on the first game.

As it's a different developer as well, I can see where many people are coming from as there are slight changes (especially in story mode)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Give me an example of a barebone tool that was changed to make it 'easier' to use

ReputationRep:
    Give me an example of a barebone tool that was changed to make it 'easier' to use
    I don't own the game so I don't have many exact details, but if I were to quote Kotaku

"One of the best things in LBP 3 is the more fully featured tools, and a leaning towards easier game creation. Where before you were more reliant on your ability to wire together pistons, sensors and other blunt bits and pieces, you can now use a range of things straight out of the box. There are Portal-like teleporters, instant zip lines and other ready-to-go devices that make it much easier to quickly create something others can play."

Now as I said a lot of people will like the changes, just that I personally enjoy using barebones tools. Figuring out how to make cool little components with pistons, wires and emitters is a big part of the fun for me.

Having said that, I thoroughly enjoyed LBP1 and 2 having bought the collector's of 2. May pick it up if a friend does as well.

ReputationRep:
    If/when the main bugs have been fixed I'll likely get it. I'm not in a rush though, enjoying DriveClub too much right now.

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.