Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

Have you/Would you go out with someone from the same sixth form? Watch

ReputationRep:
    because im not sure if i would...since alot of my friends and fellow sixth formers would make me and a girl flavour of the week.I dont even think it wouls be possible to be openly intamite e.g.kissing

ReputationRep:
    You could let the people around you make your life and love decisions for you, or you could do what you want to do.

ReputationRep:
    Sure, but kept it on the down-low and even when it became public knowledge actively made sure to avoid the gossip and opinions floating around.

ReputationRep:
    I did, but never really made it an open public affair. Intimacy is for when you are alone together, not the common room.

ReputationRep:
    I would but I cannot stand being 'lovey dovey' infront of other people.
    The only exception is when around good friends. This is usually at parties where everyone ends up hugging everyone anyway so it doesn't make a difference.

ReputationRep:
    I didnt myself but a few people in my year went out together during 6th form.

ReputationRep:
    oh and how long did it last? sorry to pry but i kind of like a girl in my year and was thinking of maybe asking her out in year 13 or during the summer holidays maybe because right now theres alot of AS work to be done...and one of my friends is the type of guy to move numerous girls(i know thats not really the best thing but what can i do,thats his life right?)

ReputationRep:
    I know a couple that have been going out since Year 9 and 4 years later theyre still together! Its cute. If I was attracted to someone in my sixth form then I would date them but at the moment- nope.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my boyf go to the same college and we're pretty happy. We just ignore what everyone around us says about us and it just causes no drama. As long as you're serious and can block other peoples opinions out it makes no difference.

ReputationRep:
    I did, although she was in first year when I was in second year.

I guess you could use Gibbs rule #12 - 'Never date a co-worker' and apply it to college/sixth form/lecture & seminar classes
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    I have, but as above I'd advise keeping it on a need-to-know basis. There's no need to be openly intimate. Also remember to let things calm down a bit when it comes to the revision periods.

ReputationRep:
    Man my girlfriend of 3 years and I have been in the same class like since ever. And in my country you can't choose your A levels so freely, we have all the same classes, it's like 8h a day together + 2h of commuting

ReputationRep:
    If I really liked them, then yes. You have to compromise some things. At the same time, I'd rather I fall for someone who doesn't go to my sixth form, because some of my 'friends' would likely stir up trouble.

ReputationRep:
    bump

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scrawlx101)
    bump
    What are you bumping? Both your first and second questions were answered. Was there a third?

ReputationRep:
    just wanted more views

ReputationRep:
    Is there someone you have in mind?

Are you wondering whether to ask them out?

Have you been asked out and don't know whether to accept?

ReputationRep:
    I go to an all girls school and a couple in the sixth form were dating. They were cute together but it was a bit awkward because they cheated on each other loads and after the breakup it was super awkward

I date someone who used to go to the 'brother' sixth form to mine but you just don't make out in front of your friends. It's impolite.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah.. got with my boyfriend in Year 11. 5 years later (three of which have been long distance due to uni), still going. He graduates this year and we'll finally be able to move in together.

ReputationRep:
    I would have, but unfortunately the only hot girl in our year was going out with a guy in the year above and didn't think much of me. She added me on facebook and hit me up on whatsapp last year. How the tables turn over time :evilbanana:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.