Join TSR now for chat about life, relationships, fashion and more…Sign up now

ReputationRep:
    2 days ago I cleaned my mum's room folded her clothing put her perfumes in nice order and everything and now its a mess again the reason is when she changes clothes she just chucks them on her bed she doesn't even fold them also she is putting on make up and perfume and doesn't put it back nicely. It is just I am angry when i spend hours cleaning to make the house look nice or she wastes money on cleaners I mean why does she even get cleaners if the next day it is a mess. Also my sister who is not a baby doesn't help me clean and when i clean my bedroom nicely. I am not ocd I am not scared of germs but i just want to be able to find everything put away neatly so I can find it. It does not need to be perfect but I would love to wake up to a clean kitchen.

I think the problem is that we have a small flat and there is not enough storage for things so the house looks unclean. Please no comments such as move out or get your own place as i cannot simply do that.

ReputationRep:
    Shock Twist: OP is mum.
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Reporter Team
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Don't think there's some great answer to why your mum is unclean.

Kudos to you though for trying to keep the place tidy.

Maybe see if you can throw unessential stuff away and then maybe find creative ways to store the stuff you need but don't want to throw away.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Maria1812)
    2 days ago I cleaned my mum's room folded her clothing put her perfumes in nice order and everything and now its a mess again the reason is when she changes clothes she just chucks them on her bed she doesn't even fold them also she is putting on make up and perfume and doesn't put it back nicely. It is just I am angry when i spend hours cleaning to make the house look nice or she wastes money on cleaners I mean why does she even get cleaners if the next day it is a mess. Also my sister who is not a baby doesn't help me clean and when i clean my bedroom nicely. I am not ocd I am not scared of germs but i just want to be able to find everything put away neatly so I can find it. It does not need to be perfect but I would love to wake up to a clean kitchen.

I think the problem is that we have a small flat and there is not enough storage for things so the house looks unclean. Please no comments such as move out or get your own place as i cannot simply do that.
    The text I've made bold is the purpose in itself of getting cleaners. It's a mess so cleaners sort it. If that's how she's choosing to live then there's nothing you can really do, except keep your own space tidy.

ReputationRep:
    You're getting muddled up between clean and tidy. Clean means there's not loads of dust and dirt around. Tidy means that everything's back where it's meant to be and not strewn around. Cleaners will clean to make things hygienic but they won't tidy up (well, not much beyond doing things like putting obvious things back in place to make the overall room look a bit more in order).

So, if your mum wants to leave her room untidy then what's the problem? It's her room not yours!

ReputationRep:
    I want the house to be tidy and my mums room because she is always cross when she cannot find the specific item of clothing she wants to wear so to avoid her being angry I clean her room.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: December 30, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.