Join TSR now to have your say on this topicSign up now

White woman assualted with knuckleduster by "Asian" man Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Internet)
    Being Asian myself, perhaps?
    Sorry but what the hell does that even mean? Asia is such a huge place and refers to so many different cultures / subcultures, there's also class boundaries, an Asian middle class person behaves different to an Asian in the underclass.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    Can you? I can think of a few who have no respect for women, especially white women.
    So... you're trying to say Asian culture, right? Asian culture can be quite...sexist... But it doesn't justify rape, or violence against someone because they're a different skin colour etc...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead sheep eater)
    Sorry but what the hell does that even mean? Asia is such a huge place and refers to so many different cultures / subcultures, there's also class boundaries, an Asian middle class person behaves different to an Asian in the underclass.
    OK
    Most Pakistani Asians, in the UK, are from a little town called "Mirpur" The culture is about the same... And yes, Asia is a big place, but I don't think that people are talkinga bout Chinese people here..

ReputationRep:
    OK
    Most Pakistani Asians, in the UK, are from a little town called "Mirpur" The culture is about the same... And yes, Asia is a big place, but I don't think that people are talkinga bout Chinese people here..
    Ok now we're getting somewhere. I value your own experiences, and dislike those who dismiss them and give a pretense to some sort of objectivity, as though having experience of such a culture is a bad thing as it effects judgement. Nonetheless, might I ask of your social class and were there any 'subgroups' of misbehaving people, such as what is commonly called the chav?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dead sheep eater)
    Ok now we're getting somewhere. I value your own experiences, and dislike those who dismiss them and give a pretense to some sort of objectivity, as though having experience of such a culture is a bad thing as it effects judgement. Nonetheless, might I ask of your social class and were there any 'subgroups' of misbehaving people, such as what is commonly called the chav?
    Admittedly, I've had a very good upbringing. Been educated, at one of the best (state) schools in West Yorkshire, as well as going now to one of the best unis in Europe (for my course. For others it's a bit ****) and in a way, I have had a "Western" upbringing HOWEVER, I come from an aera, where it's not all that rich. Where I see the "Eastern" culture day in/day out *(When Im over there)

If any thing, I've noticed, it's not the people who are from Pakistan, who've came here, who are comitting these acts, but rather the ones who have been here for years, who as a result of poverty, and surrounding culture around it, they've joined gangs, or groups of people who have questionable views.

The more educated ones, are the more "silent" ones as well ie: they don't necessarily speak out. Either because they're not all that political, or they dont want to "show" the problems people have, which in the end backfires, because you get groups like the EDL calling them "MUslim grooming gangs" because they happen to be Muslim, but not necessarily practisng.. (Ie: to get around the whole racism thing)

Notice, how most of these rape gangs involve alcohol or drugs. Pakistan isn't really a country where you can just go and buy alcohol from your local shop! I mean there are definitely ways of getting alcohol, but... it's like trying to buy drugs in the UK

ReputationRep:
    GRRR!!! Asians!!!

GRRR!!! Brown men!!!!

GRRR!!! Reverse Racism!!!

GRRR!!! Political Correctness!!!

GRRR!!! Whites are victims of Brown people!!!

GRRR!!! Vote UKIP!

There, I did it all for you. You're welcome.

/Thread

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Also, to add to that, I know it sounds callous, but - one person attacking another person with a weapon. What's new? That has been going on since man invented the club. Why report it in the newspaper?
    The weather has been going on for millenia. Why report the weather?

ReputationRep:
    disgusting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Catholic_)
    This is becoming an epidemic.
    HA

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by felamaslen)
    The weather has been going on for millenia. Why report the weather?
    Well it's a good question. Do we report only some of the weather, say, only the temperatures over 5 degrees? Or do we report all of it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by frankieboy)
    Well it's a good question. Do we report only some of the weather, say, only the temperatures over 5 degrees? Or do we report all of it?
    All of the short-term weather forecasts should be broadcast, for obvious reasons.

ReputationRep:
    Not sure what being asian has to do with it, sick people are sick no matter their race.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dean Ambrose)
    Not sure what being asian has to do with it, sick people are sick no matter their race.
    Exactly the point I'm trying to make.

ReputationRep:
    it's only news because it was an asian who did it, if a white person did it, it would not make the news and would just be seen as another normal attack case.

Also those who emphasize "asian" are just racists trying to encourage racist views.

Two can play that game, people can do the exact same with white guys.

ReputationRep:
    So... you're trying to say Asian culture, right? Asian culture can be quite...sexist... But it doesn't justify rape, or violence against someone because they're a different skin colour etc...
    No but the common views in some Asian cultures make it very easy for an individual to jump to the conclusion that rape against someone of a different culture is something light-hearted. That needs a no tolerance approach.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jebedee)
    No but the common views in some Asian cultures make it very easy for an individual to jump to the conclusion that rape against someone of a different culture is something light-hearted. That needs a no tolerance approach.
    Or not... Please provide evidence for this claim
    In Pakistan they have the "Qisas" law, which makes punishment for rape (No matter what the religion of the perpetrator and the victim) quite severe (in theory)

ReputationRep:
    In Pakistan they have the "Qisas" law, which makes punishment for rape (No matter what the religion of the perpetrator and the victim) quite severe (in theory)
    Well the koran condones the rape and sexual enslavement of kuffar women. This has been discussed many times on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Native Briton-)
    Well the koran condones the rape and sexual enslavement of kuffar women. This has been discussed many times on TSR
    The people in the rape gangs are hardly practising Muslims now...

Besides,the bible condones similar things and even worse yet you don't see Christians enslaving people these days. You also dont see Muslims enslaving people these days either.

ReputationRep:
    Why are you turning this into a race thing?

Many women get assulted for turning down a random man's advances, it has nothing to do with race.

ReputationRep:
    My previous post was deleted so it's pointless me trying to walk the line here so to speak with mods down my throat. So this article sums up my comment somewhat http://www.theguardian.com/commentis...-western-women

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 6, 2015
Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.