Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Helpp! Writing anAS level essay with no clue how to write the introduction? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I'm writing my coursework comparative essay about A Streetcar Named Desire by Tennessee Williams and Look Back in Anger by John Osbourne, and my question is:
    How far do you agree that these characters are both presented in a stereotypical way according to traditional gender roles?
    I have no clue how to start, any help would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I haven't read the books, but you could analyse any strong female characters and then say how that makes them atypical

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RosaSparkles)
    I haven't read the books, but you could analyse any strong female characters and then say how that makes them atypical
    Thanks, I have planned my arguments, I'm just not sure how to introduce my essay but thank you anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emmaaa<3)
    Thanks, I have planned my arguments, I'm just not sure how to introduce my essay but thank you anyway
    Oh right sorry You could say the characters are presented differently/ the same, then give a brief summary of each paragraph

ReputationRep:
    It's fine haha I'll do that thank you for your help

ReputationRep:
    I posted some tips for writing for AS/A2 in this thread, might be helpful
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3041301

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That was very useful thank you!!

Poll
Which pet is the best?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.